“Fresh sushi, good prices”
Review of Yummy Sushi

Yummy Sushi
Ranked #46 of 103 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We had sushi and fish after a long bike ride. the service was a little slow but food was good. My only complaint is that the scallop sushi was mostly sirumi crab with a small amount of scallop.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Just 1/2 block north of the Hotel Del it is surprising to have found a reasonably priced sushi restaurant. I live in New Mexico, so was looking forward to a better selection and quality of shashimi... and I was not disappointed. Best to sit at the sushi bar to ask about what special cuts are available, but there are many tables with ocean view for greater atmosphere. I placed my trust in the head chef Steve discretion to create a shashimi plate...and he delivered beyond my expectations. He not only knows the nuances of his fish (and bothers to educate if you show interest), but his presentation is also pure artistry. See the picture which still makes my mouth water.
Only caution...the wait staff is a little lacking in attentiveness, so if that will bother you, sit at the bar. And the visit will not break the bank!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Although I enjoyed the food, it was nothing spectacular or terrible. I would call it average at best.

Service was inattentive and almost non-existent. Also, I found the restaurant to be somewhat dirty and in need a deep clean.

1  Thank BobAdams111
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We were biking around the island, and stopped at the Del Coronado. This iconic hotel, now owned by Chinese Beijing-based Anbang Insurance Group, was very busy, and setting up for an evening function. We were going to grab a bite at one of the outside restaurants, but changed our mind due to the noise and workmen logistics happening at this venue. So we walked toward downtown and came to Yummy Sushi. We tried their rainbow roll, Gyoza and fried avocado wantons, at our indoor table with views of the beach. They also had some limited outdoor seating without shade. 5 stars for this type of restaurant. Not a fancy place, but our food and service were excellent on this visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

When you are looking for a great price when you are tired of the overpriced restaurants at the red-roofed hotel across the street, this is a winner. Hard to find because its in side an office type building but fabulous sushi. We ordered to go and everything was fantastic. Huge menu, reasonably priced. Would definitely seek this out again