“A lovely place with great service”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paradise Dr.
Transit: Golden Gate Transit
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the annual Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2002.
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed this restaurant. It has a nice atmosphere and a varied menu. The service was prompt and courteous. I had the fish special, which was good but not outstanding. I night have done better with a pasta dish. My husband's soup was good.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I ate at the restaurant twice while on a business trip. The first night was my birthday so we had a nice bottle of Italian wine with the meal. The pasta was cooked perfectly, the waitperson helpful, and we got a "free" dessert to share because it was my birthday. The red sauce was well seasoned and the pasta made in Italy (according to the menu) was cooked al dente - the way it should be done. The second visit, I was alone and my waitperson was lovely and attentive. Of course, I had a nice glass of wine and another pasta. Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I've enjoyed an early lunch at Il Fornaio 4-5 times the last few months with friends. Each visit has been characterized by moderately attentive service and good food for the price. We usually have breakfast or lunch style entrees and have always left full and satisfied. A special item -- not sure if it's on the menu -- is a salmon sandwich with fries. See pic. Of course we were there to spend time together so we never felt any hurry for attention from servers.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Disappointed in food for all pretense and cost. Obviously a local for the high end folk, but not worth it. Food not all that tasty and cooking and recipes need some work. Appeared this was a establishment resting on its reputed pretense and reputation and not on quality of food.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We both enjoyed our dinner, food was good. I ordered the mixed seafood grill and the flavors were excellent, but the very very thin piece of salmon was overcooked (not sure how they could not overcook it, considering it was only about ¼" thick). The broccoli was first rate.

Prices are on the high side, and service, while enthusiastic, tended to be a bit frenetic, with longer than normal delays. We were there on a Friday evening, and the place was packed, so that may have something to do with it. Maybe next time we should go on a weeknight.