“Great Food / Poor Service”
Review of Inka Grill

Inka Grill
Ranked #112 of 539 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Seafood, South American
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I have eaten here several times because I love their grilled chicken breast with mushroom sauce and vegetables. I also cannot get enough of the special sauce that they put on the table. I ask every time and I believe the call it "Gringo Killer". Regardless, I really like it and put it on everything. Spicy, but not too spicy with great flavor. I really enjoy eating here, but I have never had a good customer service experience. They are very slow, and when you ask for something or need a refill, you feel like an inconvenience to them. I did notice that the wait staff did seem happier when they didn't have to speak English at other tables. The only reason they are getting the rating that they are is the food. If it was off of service alone it would be a two.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The food is always good here. The Paella was yummy. One of our party had the lamb and said it was exceptional. Charbroiled chicken is new and prominently featured but they didn't have any?

Waitress was inattentive. Asked for 4 beers got three, asked for 3 waters got 0, ordered dinner salad - forgot it. She made faces and kind of blew off an Australian in our party because he was hard to understand. The worst was her turning people away at the door starting a little after 9 although they advertise dinner until 10. Got the feeling the staff just didn't want to work any more that night.

I'll go back because the food is good but.....

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Been here several times. Food is always good, but service was quite slow this time for not being overly busy.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Inka Grill was a great stop during our recent stay.

Having visited Peru on honeymoon, I was very excited by the opportunity to visit this restaurant, and although there was no alpaca or guinea pig on the menu, it was otherwise very diverse.

The portion sizes were a little big (it's all subjective I know) but had a rich taste.

They also make a mean Pisco sour!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This resturant been here for several years & we been coming here on regular bases over the years.
We came in for our oldest daughter b-day late lunch.
We had verity of dishes and all came out good, the fried calamari was the best to my opinion. The lucuma ice cream was good too. Viri was our server and she did a good job.
The vegetarian picante dish with rice was great!
We’ll back again.