“All You Can Eat Sushi With an Asterisk*”
Review of H 2o Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
H 2o Sushi
Ranked #165 of 538 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This place boasts all you can eat sushi but beware because all members of your party must choose the all you can eat option or none of your party can get it (at least at lunch). Unfortunately, my daughter is not a fan of soosh so we couldn't partake. Nevertheless, we dined. Are we glad we did. First of all we went there on a Tues afternoon and we were one of only three or four parties eating lunch so we got great service! The interior is very sleek and upscale with lighted booths. Felt very classy. The sushi menu was very extensive so we chose 4 of the "spicy" rolls. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they were actually spicy. The edamame was delicious too. Very fresh. As I said earlier my daughter is not a fan of sushi so we were worried that she wouldn't like anything but she got one of their $10 lunch specials which was fantastic and a great value. She received edamame, gyoza, 2 slices of California roll (which my fiancé and I ate) a serving of sesame chicken, a serving of teriyaki chicken, soup and salad. She loved it and let us sample. All delicious! Again $10! What a value! Lastly, we're from Kansas so needless to say this was some of the freshest sushi we've had and at reasonable prices. We would definitely eat here again but next time ,
Make sure to get the all you can eat

Reviewed 18 April 2017

While arriving into Newport late at night we stumbled upon H 2O Sushi in Costa Mesa and as Sushi lovers we pulled right in and sat at the bar, as the table seating was full. We loved the Miso soup, seaweed salad, and the 3 sushi dishes we ordered. a Large Saki was the perfect beverage. There is also an all you can eat option for about $30 per person which will be high on our list next time we visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

From Canada, would fly down anytime to enjoy it again, the baked oysters were phenomenal, looking forward to eating there again!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

The language barrier is somewhat of a handicap for the hungry and frustrated diner; who enthusiastically but unavailingly points to a dragon roll; the salad was a creative disaster, followed by a menagerie of uneventful and ghastly presentations; the mackerel was a welcome and redeeming penultimate treat, finished by a consolatory piece of fruit. The atmosphere and setting is a modestly marginal attempt at an LA trendy motif. Next time, the all you can eat menu is tempting, but severely limited to entry-level rolls and non-challenging items.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I was visiting Santa Ana and my business associates, who know how much I love Sushi, wanted to take me out to dinner. I'm glad they picked this spot. H 2o has the freshest sushi that I've ever had at the first All-U-Can-Eat Sushi restaurant that I've ever been to. We loved the tuna in garlic sauce and the black peppered tuna. The hand rolls were also good, especially the eel. If you like soft shell crab, be sure to try the spider roll. And if you like spicy, the spicy tuna roll and shrimp roll will clear your sinuses.