All reviews south coast walking bridge self parking park view orange county lobby bar room service performing arts center john wayne airport business trip great shopping huge mall easy access fitness center hotel restaurant king bed southern california
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I stayed at this hotel last weekend while on a business trip, and it was a little meh. The location is good -- it's just across from the South Coast Plaza (a giant upscale shopping mall). The room was fine, but the coffee service in the room was unimpressive, and the amenities in the bathroom were some fake brand private label. For this price of hotel I really look forward to getting higher quality amenities (the Hilton I just stayed at the other day had Peter Thomas Roth products). The room service was also meh. I had ordered poached eggs on fresh greens because it was flagged as a healthy option, but the greens were all wilted and the eggs were only room temperature. It must have sat for awhile before being brought up to my room. *sigh*

It was definitely clean and I had no overt problems, but next time I will try the Marriott or the Avenue of the Arts.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingmomNYC
Guest Service M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear travelingmomNYC

Thank you for recently staying at the Westin South Coast Plaza. We value your feedback and will share your concerns with our team. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This is a basic Westin. If you are a SPG Preferred Guest, that loyalty gets you nothing at this hotel. This may be the first Westin I’ve stayed in that doesn’t offer something to their Preferred Guests. There is a self-park garage next to the hotel for $27 overnight. Easy access to South Coast shopping mall. John Wayne Airport is less than 2 miles away. Free shuttle to the airport. I only stay at this hotel when my top two hotels (Irvine Marriott & Costa Mesa Hilton) are booked.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Guest Service M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear sea12hawks,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We apologize regarding your recent experiences and do want you to feel that we appreciate all of our SPG members and the benefits that extends to all of our loyal guests. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This hotel is very nice, quiet and clean. There is a Starbucks on the ground floor, small bar. The staff is extremely helpful and polite. The valet has great service and the staff are very helpful as well. The parking is at another building next to the hotel. The hotel has a walkway/bridge that leads directly to the South Coast Plaza shopping mall. There is no self laundry facility, need to go out to a local laundry.

Room Tip: chose a room that overlooks the park, civic center, mall
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank boyboyk
Guest Service M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear boyboyk

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed our location, comfort and cleanliness on your previous stay. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

First time at this hotel...

A little bit far from Los Angeles but with direct access to the freeway and other major routes!

Hotel staff very friendly welcoming and supportive!
Big shopping mall across the street ...
Supermarket and cvs and different restaurants in walking distance.

Parking sucks!!!!! Big big time! Either you pay valet parking or you LOOK around! Parking lot of the mall is empty but be aware, that your car might be towed after business hours!!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2017

This hotel is directly across the street from South Coast Plaza (luxury mall) and even offers a bridge to get there, across the lawn from the Segerstrom Performing Arts Center, and probably about a $10-$15 Uber ride from SNA-Orange County Airport. We had dinner and drinks in the Lobby Lounge before going to see Motown at the Performing Arts Center. Six adults = $375 so it's not cheap. The risotto, kale quinoa salad and flat bread were pretty good but nothing to brag about and they offered decent wine and craft cocktails although pricy. We also ordered the Caesar salad with chicken... big mistake. The chicken looked cooked through and through but had the most disgusting smell coming from cooked chicken that you have ever encountered. I thought it was just me but when the dish was passed around the entire table with everyone in agreement, we called the waitress over to kindly send it back. We asked her what the marinade was and when she responded with rosemary and garlic we knew it wasn't that. We asked her to smell the chicken and she said that she recognized the smell and that it was the grill. The grill?! Well that can't be good! We asked for a new salad without chicken but ended up not eating it. We were still charged and not even offered a glass of wine or the salad itself which would have been cheaper, for the trouble. Although the location was great, I would highly recommend dining elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Guest Service M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear TheFamilyDICE,

Thank you for your review. Although I am happy to hear you in enjoyed the location, I am disappointed your experiences at our lobby lounge was not up to expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with our senior leadership to make the appropriate changes. We hope to have another chance to have you back with us in the future.