Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$124
BLVD Hotel(Costa Mesa)
US$125
AscendHotels
US$151
US$143
  • Restaurant
Costa Mesa Marriott(Costa Mesa)
US$147
US$140
US$132
Book now, pay at stay
US$144
US$104
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$275
US$230
Cozy Inn(Costa Mesa)
US$105
Ali Baba Motel(Costa Mesa)
US$125
  • Spa
All reviewssilver trumpethardwood floorsnearby westinstarwood propertyfront deskman made lakelake viewsouth coast plazaboutique hotelsegerstrom centerbeautiful propertyspg memberbell stafffrequent traveleronsite restaurantcheck in was a breezeroom was spacious
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The Avenue of the Arts hotel in Costa Mesa/Irvine is a nice hotel with a very uneven service level. I was there over the holiday so they may have had their “B” team running the show. I had booked several rooms and for most of them there was a quick, friendly check-in accommodating the room-type I requested. For one check-in however, they claimed there was a “problem” with the confirmation; first I had to retrieve the reservation number….which was not good enough…so I had to bring my laptop down and show them the actual screen....which was still not good enough. Given the hassle, and though I never complained, was still made to feel like this was my fault (later I found out they had the reservation but just not confirmation that the OTA had paid them).

The lobby is a nice airy style. Rarely seen in hotels anymore, there were doormen who seemed to be present at all hours and were quick to offer arriving cars luggage assistance. There was complimentary ice-cubed-lemon-infused water but morning coffee is $3.50 for a small cup.

The room was appropriately sized for a 4 star hotel with nice appointments, comfortable beds, a sitting area, smallish work area, and a very large flat screen TV with most of the cable channels you would expect. My room overlooked the parking garage and next to the HVAC plant which gave the room a “white noise” feature. There was a capsule coffee machine and sometimes replenished two bottles of complimentary water. The free internet was fast during my stay. There was a smallish outdoor pool with a hot-tub that seemed to get regular use.

The bathrooms were very nice, if small, with elegant tile/marble/granite surfaces. One of the rooms had a bathtub/shower accommodations (which had to be repaired because the shower did not work) and the other rooms had a large shower in that space. There were high quality bottled amenities (not replaced when used), enough plush towels, and actual hot water (so many other hotel-chains have reduced the temperature).

The housekeeping was not up to the standards needed for this class hotel. Even with a regular room pillow tip, there were small pieces of paper that were never vacuumed (we eventually cleaned the floors ourselves), the few things that were out of place were not put back were they should be, mostly empty glasses were not always taken and replaced, and, on one occasion, one of the used/wet washcloths was not removed from the bathroom. Nothing terrible, just not up to snuff.

The parking facility is $25 for overnight, though for the several nights we were there we were offered half price, which was nice. This garage is apparently a revenue generator because when we returned on two nights there were no available spaces for my full size car (we made our own on the end-cap).

The hotel is the closest one to the fine arts center, and is a 10 minute walk to South Coast Plaza, the big up-scale shopping center. It is central to most of Orange County’s attractions with two major freeways next to it.

This is a nice hotel and I can recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Tyler B, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear FlyguyAustin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear we were able to discount your parking for you as a gesture but its disappointing to hear your stay wasn't exceptional. That is definitely something we strive for. We will use this feedback to improve our operation. Please let us know if you need anything at all.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I was extremely happy with my stay at Avenue of the Arts. The staff was very welcoming and there to open the door for me at all hours. My room was spacious and very comfortable with a nice view to the pond out back. There was construction going on at the building across the pond and I didn't hear a single sound out of it, so the rooms were very quiet. It's also only a 5-10 minute walk to a great mall and shopping center.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Tyler B, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear David S,

Thank you so much for such a great review and for your recent stay at our property. I am so glad to hear you found the room to be spacious and it had everything you needed. We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon. Please let us know if you need anything at all.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been the preferred choice for many years. However, customer service and cleanliness of the rooms have declined rapidly. From checkin to checkout I️ have not a single positive thing to say. This SPG property has lost my confidence and business. Very very disappointed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank k12tu
Tyler B, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear k12tu,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I am extremely disappointed you had such a poor experience with us and I sincerely apologize for that. I have reached out to you in a private message to further discuss this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Booked into this property as it was central to Newport/Anaheim areas & adjacent to a major shopping mall.
Great staff, courteous & always helpful. Great location; room was well appointed, quiet & provided great value for money. On-site restaurant & bar offer good meals bar food & cocktails.
Definitely will visit again.

Stayed: January 2017
Tyler B, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Hopi10,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for such a great review! I am extremely pleased to hear the staff was so friendly and you enjoyed the decor and layout. We hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Have you ever acted on the Southwest Airlines tag line; "Wanna Get-A-Way?" Well, that's what we did this past weekend. This is part of the Starwood Hotel chain and I was excited to stay at a place that's "new" to me. We are big Westin fans however this location popped up and I couldn't resist. One word....SWANKY. This place is swanky yet VERY WELCOMING.

Greeted by 2 friendly faces as i got out of the car, doors parted ways as i walked in. The check-in is to the left and it was easy to get assistance. I called ahead to see if I could check in early and they had some rooms. I originally booked a standard room. The room was spacious with a beautiful view....lake view. After a while and i was absorbing my surroundings, I thought, maybe I should upgrade. So I called down to see what the Jr. Suites were going for and it was an extra $50 per night. They had a few available so I asked if I could be moved and they had a key for me by the elevators so I didn't have to go back to the front desk.

When I opened the door, this was more my than I could ask for, couch, table, outside seating area and a king bed. This room was perfect; It was what I needed. The best part....if you like to read in bed, they had these built in lamps in the headboard...I NEED THIS AT HOME. As I was looking around absorbing all the room had to offer, there was the "green choice" option. We were there for a weekend, we didn't need our sheets or towels changed out. They offered a $5.00 discount at the restaurant or 500 Starwood points.

Overall, I would stay here again. If we were going to see a performance at the art center, then FORSURE we would stay here. AND it was a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a high, lake view room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Tyler B, Guest Relations Manager at Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Sheree G,

Thank you for such an outstanding review of our property! I am glad you gave us a try and were so happy with your stay. We hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon. Please let us know if you need anything at all.