“Great Food Hampered by Location”

JR's Genuine Barbeque
Ranked #64 of 336 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The BBQ is fantastic, I really can't say much more about it than that. I had the pulled pork and coconut cream pie and it was spot on southern style deliciousness. It's unfortunate that this place has no room to grow, very little parking, and location that is very difficult to get to at dinner time.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

JR's, is a hidden BBq joint on the border of C.C./L.A. But they have amazing BBq and the owner is truly someone who understands the meaning of service. Too many places in L.A. of lost that. Plus, the cobblers (southern desserts) are sinful!

1  Thank Almaz A
Reviewed 21 September 2012

So I happen to do business in this area, but had never stopped to lunch, my mistake. When I saw the Adam Richman's series on the best sandwich, I had to stop. So the other day, found me in Culver City. The parking is limited but make the effort. The first thing one encounters is the wonderful smell of barb-b-que. Then the happy faces of all the diners. I went for a simple pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw, Medium hot sauce. The Best. Now I have dined on barb-b-que in Dallas, Chicago, KC, and several great places in the Carolina's. This place is right there at the top, The menu is very extensive, well priced and a great value. I will return and use this as a great business lunch spot. Established in 1998, I am surprised I have not stopped here previously, again my mistake, but this will not happen any more. Could be a regular spot when in Culver City. Secret to the taste, a mix of rub, ( only the family knows, and then three kinds of wood, mesquite, white oak and pecan) Do not miss if you have the chance.

1  Thank mitch w
Reviewed 24 May 2012

It's a small, intimate place that always smells fabulous- I drive by there several times a week and salivate each time. Good, smoky BBQ sauce, nice selection of meats, friendly owners. Difficult to get to if you're going the wrong way on the street, but good parking when you get there.

1  Thank 2CatMomCC
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Great BBQ of the sweeter (i.e., not smokey or spicy) variety -- try the beef links. It's worth the heart attack.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook