“Stop driving by this place! It is AMAZING!”

JR's Genuine Barbeque
Ranked #61 of 339 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I have to admit - JR's was typically a place I zoomed by, always thinking, 'I'll come back to it...' Today - I made the decision that I would DEFINITELY stop there. I was working on a photo-blog project along La Cienega, so the timing was perfect. The staff was welcoming, the food came out quickly (I ordered to go). The bbq turkey sandwich and cole slaw may sound simple - but they were DELICIOUS. It's one of those things where you don't know what is quite in the BBQ sauce... but you want a gallon of it. In fact, the only thing I would change is asking for a side of the burgundy-colored amazingness to go.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Our family is visiting there for over decade and we were never disappointed. The tritip, brisket and links are the best ever. The Memphis style BBQ is hot and delicious. Nowadays we live in Israel and everytime we arrive to LA our first stop from LAX is at this place. It is great how over a decade they keep the highest standards.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Great BBQ!!! Don't let the outside fool you or you will miss out. Large plates. Good sides. Sauce is terrific. There are few reviews but this is great food. We will be back next time we're in town. Drove out 15 mins from downtown LA. Right off I-10 west.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

This is a little bit of a triangle place at the intersection of La Cienega and Fairfax in Culver City. Very unassuming but probably the best BBQ on the westside of LA. Parking is tight, but if you look around you'll find something. Go at off hours away from 11-1 and 5-7 for the best shot at parking. Had the 2 item combo, beef ribs (2) and brisket with bbq beans and potato salad with an Arnold Palmer to drink. You get three choices of bbq sauce, regular, medium, or hot. I ordered the medium. It has just enough kick for me. Maybe one day I'll graduate to the hot. The service was quick and the food was done correctly. The brisket was moist and full of smoke flavor. The beef ribs had a lot of meat on the bone and was done to perfection.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Went in and tried the baby back ribs, with the baked beans, and cole slaw. Nice dinner. 6 ribs, and plenty of sides. Well worth the price. Was planning on having the peach cobbler but didn't have room. In fact, couldn't finish the last rib. Good food at a fair price, and good people waiting on you. Will go back.

1  Thank computerprofessor