“OK food, slow service”

JR's Genuine Barbeque
Ranked #145 of 326 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Called two days ahead for a mid-afternoon pickup of two slabs of baby back ribs. Arrived at the time specified. Waited 10 minutes to move to the head of a 3 person line. After some initial confusion about the order, waited another 15 minutes for the food. Granted, it was Father's Day, but they were understaffed and disorganized.
The ribs were just OK. Some were meaty and tender some were scrawny and overcooked.
Disappointed.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Well we were driving down the street to go to The Getty And we smelled the food and had to turn around and stop! It was truly amazing! We had the best pulled pork and the most amazing brisket. Leave room for desert (chocolate cake and Seven Up Cake) are to die for!!! Met the women who is the owner and she couldn't be nicer!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

I have to admit - JR's was typically a place I zoomed by, always thinking, 'I'll come back to it...' Today - I made the decision that I would DEFINITELY stop there. I was working on a photo-blog project along La Cienega, so the timing was perfect. The staff was welcoming, the food came out quickly (I ordered to go). The bbq turkey sandwich and cole slaw may sound simple - but they were DELICIOUS. It's one of those things where you don't know what is quite in the BBQ sauce... but you want a gallon of it. In fact, the only thing I would change is asking for a side of the burgundy-colored amazingness to go.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Our family is visiting there for over decade and we were never disappointed. The tritip, brisket and links are the best ever. The Memphis style BBQ is hot and delicious. Nowadays we live in Israel and everytime we arrive to LA our first stop from LAX is at this place. It is great how over a decade they keep the highest standards.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Great BBQ!!! Don't let the outside fool you or you will miss out. Large plates. Good sides. Sauce is terrific. There are few reviews but this is great food. We will be back next time we're in town. Drove out 15 mins from downtown LA. Right off I-10 west.