Ramada Culver City
Travelodge Culver City(Culver City)(Great Value!)
US$170
FourPoints.com
US$179
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Culver Hotel(Culver City)
US$299
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon Motel(Culver City)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
US$110
US$78
Agoda.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastfree parkingcoffee and juicevisit venicetakes you straightsized bedlaundry roomwatch tvhot tubrooms are cleanvenice beachfitness centerflat screencentral locationice machineexcellent staybusiness trip
Reviewed 7 July 2015

BREAKFAST: pretty standard breakfast included with the room. Empty bowl of fruit/apples (she dropped 3 into the bowl, after the fact, after her display of irritation). Plastic pack of toaster mini pancakes/toast/bagel. Children's box cereals or instant oatmeal, an uncalibrated overpowering, thick juice syrup disperser, empty coffee dispensers, empty milk carafe, (attendant was AWOL from room), I walked to the already opened door where the refrigerator room (how rude of me) was located and brought it to the counter, to pour it over a bowl of cereal. Like a bat out of hell, she walked through the breakfast room door, grabbed the milk out of my hands and returned it to the refrigerator, I never got the milk. She walked out all defiant, I looked at her and said "May I have some milk please, in my best Oliver." I showed her the metal carafe was empty. She said. "we are closed!" This attitude is all available to you by a feisty South American breakfast attendant who would rip you to threads if she had a chance. Her domain, her passive aggressiveness witnessed by myself, and another family. We were all considered late, 15 minutes before "SHE" was to lock the door. In front of us ALL, she removed as much as she could, had not refilled empties, for who knows how long prior. Her antics were supported by the motel management. So be it, we will not return this business. Just as whipping milk produces butter, and twisting the nose causes bleeding, so also stirring up anger produces contention.

CONS: The neighborhood is a mix of businesses catering to locals who like to walk and or short car trips to eclectic establishments.

RATING: I only gave them a "poor" rating rather than "excellent" due to the so called, under construction excuse for no ironing board, no chairs besides the beds to sit on, no desk or tables to put your purse and other bags, no luggage rack, no closets or hanger racks, two beds identified as queens were in reality doubles.

NO SWIMMING POOL: Los Angeles, summer...really?

Room Tip: Rooms and very plain, NO POOL motel. Not really for a family vacation to L.A.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Ruth B
Reviewed 31 May 2015

This is a nice hotel, a little pricey at $150 per night by our usual expectations, but a very comfortable and quiet place at night. No pool, but a nice breakfast in the morning. Comfortable beds, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Room was old, cracked bathroom tiles, carpet appeared to be old/worn, bed mattress appeared "yellowed with cigarette burn. I saw this because the bed sheets did not properly fit. other rooms were under construction.. I have stayed a better places for less.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank deborahk29
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I chose the Ramada Culver City because it is within reasonable striking distance of UCLA, where I was attending an early morning meeting. Overall, this is a good option for business travelers going to nearby communities (Santa Monica, Westwood, Century City, Beverly Hills, etc), and would likely be acceptable for families looking for inexpensive, no frills accommodations. It was a relatively easy drive to Westwood for me at a fraction of the cost of actually staying close to the university. Abandon all hope if you’re returning on the 405 South in the afternoon.
The room was clean with a nice TV and excellent air conditioning. I had a king bed that was very comfortable. My room was in the back of the hotel, away from busy Sepulveda Blvd. It was very quiet, I’d highly recommend asking for a room as far away from the street as possible.
The free wifi was a huge plus, as was the continental breakfast. The hotel was undergoing renovations while I was there, so the tiny lobby has likely improved significantly since then.
When exiting the hotel in the morning, I wouldn’t bother trying to make a right into the far left 405 North onramp lane, the line of cars never ends. Just make a right and do a u-turn on Sepulveda at Venice Blvd and approach the onramp from the north.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from Sepulveda are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank John A
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed here on my business trip, everything was good, they were renovating some rooms next to room But the froth desk was nice enough to upgrade me to one of their suite. I had good experience will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business