“Metro is a tastey surprise! Gluten free? Other allergies? Many possibilities.”
Review of Metro Cafe

Metro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 338 Restaurants in Culver City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I grew up in L.A. but had not been around for many years. When my long time friends suggested we eat here, I had no idea what it was all about. Turns out the dishes are flared with the owner's Serbian roots.

We arrived before the dinner crowd and I was able to discuss my food issues. The waitstaff were very knowledgeable and very pleasant about making suggestions and accommodating my needs. No gluten, soy, white potato, corn, rice, sugar or oils besides olive oil. I was VERY pleased with a nice grilled chunk of salmon with grilled vegetables. FAB! The husband ate goulash and, being a boy from Texas, loved all that beef. He likened it to a great pot roast with mashed potato. A side of spinach squared it off. Our friends started with the mushroom salad that look fantastic and took the Osso Bucco. Since they were very quiet when the plates were served, I knew the focus was on eating. Very good all around and we will be back! With a bottle wine that we brought in for corkage, dinner averaged $30 PP with tip.

1  Thank james o

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Funny thing, when asking them what was great on the menu, the answer was there known for their great service. When we showed up we asked for a table where we could sit next to each other. The answer was no. We had to sit across. The entire night that table was available. The one that would’ve made us happy if this place truly had great service. On the other hand the food was good.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Nice one! Pretty good service, huge portions. Lots of people come for breakfast . I liked their granola. They also have a big variety of omelletes

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The TA rating was so high that I was disappointed by the service and food both of which were average. If you’re looking for breakfast, they have that. If you’re looking for a “good” breakfast, go somewhere else. The eggs were over cooked and dry, the chicken sausage was also over cooked. The coffee was just coffee. Two people cost $35.67 plus tip! Ouch!!

The service was okay. There is free parking behind the restaurant. You’ve been warned.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Howdy travelers,
I'm a local and have worked in Culver City at a local architectural firm for 15 plus years. I've seen the area transform with fancy restaurants and bars downtown. It's gotten pricey and pretentious. However, this place is not part of that crowd. It's not dirt cheap, and not too expensive, and the food is excellent. As a local I recommend this place over all the downtown restaurants. Serbian/ European inspired food and its one of my favorite restaurants in town.

1  Thank hansup1968