“Great ambience. Food and service missed the mark.”
Review of Fontana's

Fontana's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fontana's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Cupertino
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: DeAnza Blvd.
Description: Fontana's serves delicious, Italian cuisine with a California/Mediterranean influence, in a casually elegant, comfortable and spacious setting. All dishes, including the desserts, are made fresh on the premises. Conveniently located in the heart of Silicon Valley on Steven's Creek Blvd. near popular shops, De Anza College, Flint Center and downtown Cupertino, you can enjoy the freshest seafood, pasta, chicken, steaks, and lamb attractively presented with the experience of dining in Italy.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great ambience. Food flavor and service really missed the mark. Gorgonzola salad could not be recognized as one since the presence of the featured cheese was nearly absent. Gnocchi with carbonara sauce was skimpy the sauce and slim on that recognizable flavor.

We ordered cocktails, salads, pasta and wine at one. But the drinks arrived almost after we finished the salad. Same with the wine: arrived after we were half done with pasta. Of course the server was responsible, but I blame the owners and supervisors for lack of training and oversight.

This place is so close to being the premiere establishment it should be. Hey, start kicking some flavor into your dishes and get drive some pride and purpose into your service!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've been here number of times; never disappointed. I don't know too much about Italian food so I get whole lot of waiter/waitresses help when ordering...taking their advices; always good way to get good food + to learn. We always start out with wine, we bring, and there appetizers.
As for the main dish, we pretty much like all...
Service is always good.
The cost, I would say it's not too expensive
In all, this is one of my favorite in Cupertino...may be the best

Enjoy

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Very good Italian food. Service in top. Price level fine. Recommandable for lunch or dinner.
Possible to sit outside.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I like this place. It has been several years since we last visited, but it was as I remembered it -- good selection, good service, and very clean and pleasant place to eat. I thought the menu offered reasonable choices -- they even have a kids menu which was handy, since our granddaughter was along. We all selected something we thought we'd like, and it was tasty.

However I have to say that the prices were substantially higher than I remembered. A glass of red wine @ $14.00 per glass (least expensive was $10.00) seemed higher than it needed to be.

If you are looking for a place for a reliable meal with friends, I would say consider this place.

If you are looking for a family dinner, especially with kids, try Olive Garden, or a humble neighborhood place.
...And if it is a special occasion you're celebrating, you can find a nicer place with truly exceptional ambience and food for close to the same money.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I think this is the only Italian restaurant in Cupertino. Closed to most of the tech company around and it does draw a crowd.

Good Italian style cooking, friendly server.
Only down size the food tends to be a bit rich with too much butter. But it does taste good.
Great for business, date and big group.
They are very accommodating if you need a quieter corner for your dining pleasure.