“Uni Spaghetti”

Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Cypress
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We ordered the Uni Spaghetti which is very rich in flavor but can also taste fishy depending the day. Next we ate the Peking Pork which was decent, good flavor but I am not that big of a pork fan

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I first went to Cafe Hiro when it opened in 2002/03. Dinner and a few lunches. Food was always good. It fell off my radar as life gets busy, but something recently made me remember it. So we returned, 15 years later, and it’s still AMAZING!!!
Scallop carpaccio, mushroom salad, carbonara pasta and of course UNI spaghetti.
Delicious
Friendly staff
If you have not fined at CH - GO - what are you waiting for?

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My husband and I went back there for dinner tonight. We had been there before but the last couple of times, the food wasn't measuring up so we stopped. My husband ordered uni spaghetti, which was good as usual. I saw ling cod on the special menu and asked how it was cooked. One of the server looked puzzled and said she had to check with the chef. I ended orderering scallop carpacio for appetizer and the ling cod as main course. THe scallops were fresh but the curry destroyed the taste. What a weird combination! The ling cod was fried in the oil/fat that was stuck in my throat since it tasted like old oil sitting for a week. The cod was served with pickled carrot/daikon, and bland stirred fried vegetable, another weird combination that I couldn't swallow. I came home and had to have my left over pork and rice, which was a lot better than the meal I paid for. Disappointed for a bad meal. One of the servers was knowledgeable. The other one was not so but both of them were nice. Not sure if I ever want to come back again.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

It appears to be a typical Japanese restaurant when you walk in but one look at the menu tells you this is going to be different. Beautiful presentation and fantastic flavors. A really interesting fusion of Italian & Japanese food.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This little Japanese restaurant serves typical Japanese lunch menu and creative dish conniving with Japanese ingredients such as Uni (sea urchin) spaghetti.

The place is very small, and do not take reservation. Be aware of a line, especially at lunch time!!