“Great varied menu”

Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Late lunch with the family. Curry pot and tofu with mango, plus vegetarian fried rice and puffy bread with curry sauce as an appetizer. All yummy. Service was fine but irks me to pay $3 a pot for tea. Oh well. Lots of veg choices and varied menu. Very good little hole in the wall place in a strip mall.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Banana Island has been my mom's favorite restaurant in the bay area for several decades.... They have the best Roti Canai!!! We also love their ice cream and fried battered plantains. It is a definite must do every time I visit my family in San Francisco .. AND I always end up craving the roti afterwards :D

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I live near Westlake Shopping Center and one of my go-to restaurants for Asian food is Banana Island. There's a parking garage in front and it's always easy to find parking. Handicap parking is on the ground floor.
I usually eat here after Mass on Sundays with family and it's one of the best places to share dishes. My staple menu item orders are the Roti Canal (Malaysian crispy pancake served with curry sauce), Basil Chicken (stir fried chicken in basil sauce), Beef Rendang (beef, coconut, chili and spices in a dry curry sauce), Kang Kung, Sizzling Tofu, Thai Style Whole Fish and Pad Thai. Everything tastes delicious, fairly inexpensive and fast service.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Malaysia as I spent nearly 10 years for my high school. I miss Malaysian food when I got to the US. Upon moving to Daly City I was told about this place by my high school friend who happened to live nearby too.

They have nasi lemak, roti canai and other Malaysian dishes. All of them are good. They even willing to alter some ingredients for me since I cannot eat seafood. Great thing to do.

Now they are famous and I rarely see the restaurant empty, which is good. I like to order takeouts too.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I was introduced to this place by my honorary Filipino uncle and aunt. As usual, the food here rocks: the shrimp balls and Hainanese chicken are spectacular. Lunch is more quiet and relaxed, but the dinner service (5-7PM) really fills the joint up! If you're already a huge fan of Thai/Vietnamese/Indian food and want a special treat, you will not be disappointed here.