“delicious Roti Chanai accompanied by very tasty malaysian Dishes”
Review of banana island

banana island
Ranked #6 of 206 Restaurants in Daly City
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Visited this restaurant on a crispy cold afternoon for lunch from Fisherman's wharf. It was well worth the journey. We has roti chanai which was very thin & crisp with a tasty curry sauce, followed by Beef Thai style. The service was quick & attentive. The restaurant was getting filled up even after 3.00pm. Excellent Laksa dish was being served on the next table.I didn't have room to go for it!!.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Food here was pretty good. Unfortunately most of the selection was too spicy for my grandkids. Portions could have been larger. Also, there is an 18% service charge for groups of 6 or more, even if 2 of them are children.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Late lunch with the family. Curry pot and tofu with mango, plus vegetarian fried rice and puffy bread with curry sauce as an appetizer. All yummy. Service was fine but irks me to pay $3 a pot for tea. Oh well. Lots of veg choices and varied menu. Very good little hole in the wall place in a strip mall.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Banana Island has been my mom's favorite restaurant in the bay area for several decades.... They have the best Roti Canai!!! We also love their ice cream and fried battered plantains. It is a definite must do every time I visit my family in San Francisco .. AND I always end up craving the roti afterwards :D

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I live near Westlake Shopping Center and one of my go-to restaurants for Asian food is Banana Island. There's a parking garage in front and it's always easy to find parking. Handicap parking is on the ground floor.
I usually eat here after Mass on Sundays with family and it's one of the best places to share dishes. My staple menu item orders are the Roti Canal (Malaysian crispy pancake served with curry sauce), Basil Chicken (stir fried chicken in basil sauce), Beef Rendang (beef, coconut, chili and spices in a dry curry sauce), Kang Kung, Sizzling Tofu, Thai Style Whole Fish and Pad Thai. Everything tastes delicious, fairly inexpensive and fast service.