“Best experience ever!”

and up
Dana Point Whale Watching and Dolphin Watching Eco-Safari
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watch with Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari in Dana Point on our high-tech sailing catamaran year round, with two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. For 20 years Captain Dave's has provided daily trips to see dolphins, up to 10,000 strong, leap and play right off our bow, plus Gray Whales (December through April), Blue Whales (May through November), and year round Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and so much more. Go underwater with whales and dolphins without getting wet during your whale watch in our Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods aboard Manute'a. Listen to dolphins during your whale watching safari with our underwater Hydrophone. Celebrity and certified naturalists make this exciting Dana Point whale watching excursion educational and entertaining too. Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple-fudge brownies make this a one-of-a-kind dolphin and whale watching adventure unforgettable. We are a real Eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. Ask about Fast Cat, our upscale Rigid Hull Inflatable Catamaran and the newest boat in our whale watching fleet.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My two kids (11 and 13) and I had an incredible experience on the 12-seater FAST CAT boat. Wow. I wasn't expecting much because I've whale-watched before with little success, and I even commented that even without seeing anything, it was fun just to be on a zippy boat. Moments later, we encountered a huge pod of dolphins that hung out with us, and we could take turns to lay on our bellies and put our hands in the water. It was a great perspective and fun experience! Our skipper seemed quite intent on finding the whales though...and we did: 2 humpbacks and 1 blue whale. It was an AMAZING experience, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Very cool. Another reviewer said it felt like the skipper went the extra mile ... it felt that way to me, too. I hope to be back next time I visit Los Angeles.

1  Thank burbankmadre

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Went on a dolphin and whale watching safari with Capt. Dave's on 6/8/17. It was obvious that the captain and crew were as excited about looking for a whale as we were. Unfortunately, none were found, but the captain found a pod of dolphins (100+) and spent extra time following them in order to give us an enjoyable experience. We got a bonus when the captain spotted a shark! I am glad that we posed for the photographer, because at the end of our cruise we had a personalized souvenir with photos from our specific cruise to purchase for a very reasonable price. Now I want to go on another trip with this crew!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Captain Daves Safari was the best! We went on the boat "LilY" which is the luxury boat > YOu get to sit down right on the railing on a nice cushion and it has glass so u dont get all wet. Plus, the bot purrs rral nice and the captians Mark & Tom know when to turn the motor off not to scare the whale away. Super nice crew. Not to talkative or loud on speaker. The man up front gives out great narrative and stories while waiting for the whale to come up.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The crew worked hard to find us dolphins and a whale. The boat setup was great for viewing both above and below the water. Everything was very professional and top notch!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We spent our last full day of vacation in Dana Point, CA (06/05/2017) to go whale watching. I had been when I was young but my wife and teens had not. We all had a fantastic time and this will always be a memorable time for us. The staff and crew were attentive and friendly. We were able to see a couple of hundred common dolphins, a dozen or so bottle nose dolphin and Fin whale, which was the highlight of the trip. The brownies made by Captain Dave's wife at the end was also very good and a great treat to leave with. I highly recommend doing this when visiting or if you are blessed enough to live there, go again.