2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
BestWestern.comUS$229
PricelineUS$229
FindHotelUS$229
Expedia.comUS$229
Hotels.comUS$229
StayForLongUS$248
All reviews pancake machine western hotels whirlpool tub within walking distance free breakfast the breakfast area road noise yogurt hot breakfast doheny beach very nice hotel beds were comfortable living room orange county pch bw balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021

The staff at this hotel were exceptional. It was a close walk to the beach but located in a very busy street where the was some traffic noise. There was several places to eat within waking distance. Beds were comfortable and it had free breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Peter Callan, Owner at Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Marina Shores. While there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance, there are actually over 50 restaurants within a mile of the hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back again so we can earn that fifth star!

Reviewed 14 March 2021

When I reserved a night, the total that was said was $141. I arrived at the hotel and they had a $150 holding fee that I was not told of. Now, my card has been charged double and I am out $430. I was told by the hotel I wouldn’t get anything back till Monday and I stayed at the hotel on a Wednesday night.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peter Callan, Owner at Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2021

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of having the extra funds on your credit card being withheld. It is unfortunate that almost all hotels have had to adopt the policy of pre-authorizing credit cards for anywhere from $100 - $200 extra to try and protect themselves from damages, theft or in room smoking violations caused by guests. Although these issues are infrequent, they are very costly to hotels. As far as when the authorization hold is put back in your account - that all depends on the bank or credit card company. We release the hold as soon as you check out. It seems that most of the time, cardholders see the funds back in their account within 72 hours, but we advise people that it could be up to five days, just to be safe.

Car rental companies have used this security authorization policy for years. Hotels usually only placed an additional hold of $20 - $50 for incidentals, but as the industry has seen the trend to more damage from guests, we had to increase the amount. I am truly sorry that a few inconsiderate customers has created this headache for the rest.

Reviewed 24 February 2021

My dog loved the balcony and being able to look out. Close to a nice walking path that my dog and I enjoyed. Clean and comfortable, with close proximity to the harbor. I will definitely stay here in the future.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Peter Callan, Owner at Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2021

Hi Nika!

Sorry for the late response but I wanted to let you know how much we appreciated your kind review and we're glad you and your dog enjoyed your time with us. The staff of the Marina Shores is proud to be one of the few pet friendly hotels in the Dana Point area and we are thrilled that we will be your hotel of choice on any return trips!

Reviewed 6 February 2021

Due to plumbing issues we had to find a place to spend two nights, close to home and we have a dog. How wonderful to find the Best Western in Dana Point. Just what we needed and got a good nights sleep both nights.

Date of stay: February 2021

Hi Jeb,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your review. I hope all the plumbing problems at home got taken care of quickly and am glad we were able to provide you with all the accommodations you needed while the work was being done. Maybe you can come visit us again under less stressful circumstances.

Reviewed 15 December 2020

We were looking for just a nice local little break from the usual. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was nice, and a great deal! Enjoyed our stay, and would stay again the next time we wanna a break from the norm

Date of stay: December 2020