Hyatt Place UC Davis
Best Western University Lodge(Davis)(Great Value!)
US$130
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$85
EconoLodge
Best Western Plus Palm Court Hotel(Davis)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$103
HIExpress.com
Hallmark Inn at UC Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$106
US$109
US$106
Travelocity
US$91
TripAdvisor
All reviewsparking feemondavi centerconference centervery nice hotelfree breakfastrooms are largesitting areatrain tracksfresh fruithotel staywalking distance to downtownone night stayking bedoatmealgreat place to staygreat roomdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond Member and thought I would give Hyatt a try this year. I have heard mixed reviews on the World of Hyatt program, but have always been pleased with Hyatt stays over the years. I try to only write Trip Advisor reviews on top notch service and if something is less than satisfactory, make sure it is noted in the internal Hyatt Survey. In the past week, I have stayed at three different Hyatts and the one I expected the most from, literally had 4 service trays on the floor and an empty Coors box just on my trip from the elevator to my room. The same trays were there the next morning when I left, with more trash added. I noted it in my survey and received a prompt response from the manager, which I thought was sincere and professional. Now, I am set to go to a Hyatt Place, which I expect to be a business friendly, clean, comfortable location with the typical business weekday crowd.

I received an e-mail in advance of my stay, asking if I needed anything arranged...this was not a robo e-mail, but one from the general manager. I was not expecting a concierge e-mail from a Hyatt Place and it wasn’t...it was the General Manager. I responded back, that I would appreciate a high floor and quiet room...an Ocean View would also be appreciated...(UC Davis is nowhere near the ocean!!)

When I arrived to my room, I received a quiet, high floor, personal note AND a photo of the ocean taped to my window!!!! Nicely done Rocky Roquet! You have earned a loyal and dedicated customer.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank TBurtis
Rocky R, Manager at Hyatt Place UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Mr. Burtis,

It was my pleasure to make your stay as special as possible. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt and can't wait to see you again.

Cheers,

Rocky

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This Hyatt is a little pricey for little Davis but it's really comfortable, very well-located (right on campus), and offers all of the comforts of a good business-style hotel. Friendly staff, clean, quiet.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Another great Hyatt property. All you have come to expect from a Hyatt Place (or Hyatt House). Great room, very comfortable and well appointed. Lobby, bar and dining area is also very nice. Plenty of parking (but it does cost $14/night and that's not well noted on the website).
Rooms in the front of the property are loud due to the railroad across the highway. If you are a light sleeper, better get a room in the back or you'll be up all night. It's an active railway. Also, be aware, free wifi is awful. Could not keep my iPad connected no matter how much I tried. Consider using your phone as a personal hotspot or bring a MiFi.
Some small things that could be better? Coffee maker in room was disgusting. No way I would use it. Also, no bottled water in the room. As a Hilton Honors member, there's always free water. Sounds like a petty request until you check in late, it's 11pm and you are looking for it. Free breakfast is excellent. The presentation is great. Nice variety. Staff is super friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Hotel is across the street from the railroad. Request a room in the back.. Light sleeper? Might want to consider another option.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Small town hotels often are lacking in one thing or another but not this place. With the service and the room it could be tops in any big city. The staff is friendly and help with any little detail promptly; from directions to where you want to go, to no TV reception. The TV problem was fixed in minutes. The breakfast was a surprise, changing items daily yet keeping the standards high. People at breakfast were friendly and courteous. This place made my stay a complete pleasure.

Room Tip: The cost of a larger room was negligible. If you like space go for it.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Rocky R, Manager at Hyatt Place UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for a great review. We take pride in our customer service and being the top rated hotel in Davis. I will be sure to share the kind words with the staff. We look forward to your next stay.

All the best,

Rocky

Reviewed 18 January 2018

very poor sleep quality due to frequent trains passing by. It's too bad, because the staff is super friendly and professional, the room squeaky clean and large, the bathroom also clean. Breakfast more than average. Great location if you go tu UC Davis campus. Darn train!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business