Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$212
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$178
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$286
US$266
  • Pool
Secret Garden Inn(Del Mar)(Great Value!)
US$375
US$209
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$501
US$459
  • Pool
Winners Circle Resort(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
Courtyard San Diego Del Mar/Solana Beach(Solana Beach)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$239
Travelocity
US$230
US$192
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
San Diego Marriott Del Mar(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$220
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdiego riveraocean vieweach room has its ownfrench doorsbubbling fountainsmall courtyardtile workcrackling firelike sleeping on a cloudone of a kindsoft towelsoutdoor fireplacethoroughly enjoyed our stayboutique hotelspent two nightsshops and restaurantsparking lot
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

So many hotels are just alike - not Les Artistes! This place is so unique, I thought I had left the country. Very romantic and relaxing. We left our car parked and walked to the Del Mar beach, Torrey Pines beach, and local restaurants. All the rooms at Les Artistes have an artist theme and so many interesting collections. The tile work and attention to detail must be mentioned, but delivered with a casual atmosphere that makes one relax. We want to try the Gauguin room next time, which boasts of a large jacuzzi tub. We had our windows open and all was quiet. Scott, our host had coffee and warm Mexican cookies (orejas) in the morning. We will return to Del Mar and Les Artistes - we want to ride the train, walk the beach and I enjoy the quietness of this beautiful town. For those of you who LOVE boutique hotels - this one is for you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Searching on-line, this hotel did catch my eye. I booked the room through a hotel locator website in which my booking was immediately non-refundable. So, it was only AFTER my booking that I started reading all the negative reviews. That's when I started getting worried that my wife would not like the selection I had made. At that point there was nothing that I could do, so I decided to just go with the flow.

Long story short, we loved this place. We stayed only the one night because I was already booked at a Hilton the rest of the week for a business conference. My wife wished we could have stayed at Les Artistes all week instead of the Hilton.

I think that sometimes the people that write reviews are mainly those that are upset due to some negative experience or expectation. So, inherently, review lists typically capture the few negative experiences but not the vast majority of good experiences.

I think Les Artistes has been unfairly treated by the reviews I have seen. I look at it this way. I am an engineer and live in a nice house, yes, there is an area on the patio where I could power-wash and apply a paint touch-up, and maybe there is an area in the laundry room behind the water heater that has dust in the corner. Our house is certainly "lived-in", but I consider my house clean. I consider Les Artistes clean on the same level. Beds, towels, sheets were all clean. The rooms are more than charming. The lady that manages the place was very nice. She showed us 5 or 6 rooms to choose from, I had no sense that she has anything but a friendly demeanor.

Next time I am in the area, we will definitely stay at Les Artistes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The Artists Inn definitely has a style and "soul" that no other hotel has on the coast. Every room is unique and sets the universe of a painter (Gauguin, Tamara Lempicka...); the balconies are fantastic places where to have a glass of white wine at night. It is close to most restaurants and shops in Del Mar and ...I was forgetting: the bed linen are the smoothest I have ever tried in a hotel. The owners have done a great creative job in setting a very particular atmosphere. We always stay there when we gave to go to San Diego and we are grateful for the comfort and charm of the place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

This is not your average hotel. This is where you go if you want to feel like you are at home. The location is great and the two people that are staffed are genuine and you don't find that everywhere. As soon as we got there, they offered to hold our luggage (we got there way to early to check-in). They accommodated us very well, and even gave us an upgrade into a zen-like room. Our room, and many I assume, have lovely patio attached to a small courtyard of plant life and small fountains. We constantly had our back door open. The location could not have been better either. Every morning we would walk along the street and find a new cafe to have breakfast and start our day. Anyways, I could go on and on about this place and how different, yet wonderful it was. I would definitely recommend if you want a change from the typical hotel atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank radhotels
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Excellent location next to the 9th street 101 bus stop. Parking if you have a car. Close to restaurants. About 20 of them within a half mile. Lots of little shops. Just a couple of short blocks to the hiking path above the ocean. The room was quiet. They held our luggage since we got there in the morning for the afternoon checkin. They were completely booked. Nice interesting pieces of art in the rooms. Fireplace in our room, but I don't know if it was to be used or not. They had a fireplace downstairs that was burning and a good spot to have a drink at night or coffee in the morning. We watched a sunset from our room. It's not oceanfront, but it has a decent enough view with doors that open to a small balcony. The weather was perfect so we did not run the heater or the air conditioner.

Room Tip: Second floor has a view of the ocean about 1/4 mile away.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple