“Hidden gem”
Review of Les Artistes

Les Artistes
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This place was a last minute booking and all that was available. We lucked out. The hotel is classic Hotel California spanaish. Each room is named after an artist, we were in Diego-room 14 and it couldn't have nicer. The bed faced the large window that opened out to a tree top view of the ocean. The managers are an eclectic group but friendly. Easy walk to village. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Snuggled near the ocean and a construction site you will find a small dirt road on the corner that literally leads to paradise. The gentleman n lady at the front are very welcoming and the rooms are very clean. Our room (at the end) had an outdoor jacuzzi, fire pit, sofa, grill, pretty much every accomodating item one can think of in a large size patio. Each room has its own artist title n a view of the ocean from your balcony.

1  Thank manish c
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

So many hotels are just alike - not Les Artistes! This place is so unique, I thought I had left the country. Very romantic and relaxing. We left our car parked and walked to the Del Mar beach, Torrey Pines beach, and local restaurants. All the rooms at Les Artistes have an artist theme and so many interesting collections. The tile work and attention to detail must be mentioned, but delivered with a casual atmosphere that makes one relax. We want to try the Gauguin room next time, which boasts of a large jacuzzi tub. We had our windows open and all was quiet. Scott, our host had coffee and warm Mexican cookies (orejas) in the morning. We will return to Del Mar and Les Artistes - we want to ride the train, walk the beach and I enjoy the quietness of this beautiful town. For those of you who LOVE boutique hotels - this one is for you!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Searching on-line, this hotel did catch my eye. I booked the room through a hotel locator website in which my booking was immediately non-refundable. So, it was only AFTER my booking that I started reading all the negative reviews. That's when I started getting worried that my wife would not like the selection I had made. At that point there was nothing that I could do, so I decided to just go with the flow.

Long story short, we loved this place. We stayed only the one night because I was already booked at a Hilton the rest of the week for a business conference. My wife wished we could have stayed at Les Artistes all week instead of the Hilton.

I think that sometimes the people that write reviews are mainly those that are upset due to some negative experience or expectation. So, inherently, review lists typically capture the few negative experiences but not the vast majority of good experiences.

I think Les Artistes has been unfairly treated by the reviews I have seen. I look at it this way. I am an engineer and live in a nice house, yes, there is an area on the patio where I could power-wash and apply a paint touch-up, and maybe there is an area in the laundry room behind the water heater that has dust in the corner. Our house is certainly "lived-in", but I consider my house clean. I consider Les Artistes clean on the same level. Beds, towels, sheets were all clean. The rooms are more than charming. The lady that manages the place was very nice. She showed us 5 or 6 rooms to choose from, I had no sense that she has anything but a friendly demeanor.

Next time I am in the area, we will definitely stay at Les Artistes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The Artists Inn definitely has a style and "soul" that no other hotel has on the coast. Every room is unique and sets the universe of a painter (Gauguin, Tamara Lempicka...); the balconies are fantastic places where to have a glass of white wine at night. It is close to most restaurants and shops in Del Mar and ...I was forgetting: the bed linen are the smoothest I have ever tried in a hotel. The owners have done a great creative job in setting a very particular atmosphere. We always stay there when we gave to go to San Diego and we are grateful for the comfort and charm of the place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar
6.1 km away
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

Been to Les Artistes? Share your experiences!