“Cozy boutique hotel”
Review of Les Artistes

Les Artistes
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Del Mar
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I spent two nights this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is charming and unique, and a welcome change from your typical chain hotel. We stayed in the Monet room, and enjoyed hearing the bubbling fountain outside the back french doors. The hotel is in walking distance to shops and restaurants in Del Mar and the beach. We enjoyed the fresh bread in the morning! The couple running the hotel was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a laid back, off the beaten path experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Very unique and nicely cared for. No modern amenities for your phone or in-room coffee or water. Different for sure. We enjoyed our room with an ocean view and the artwork on the walls, live plants in the rooms not something you see very much. Quite, close to town. Inn keepers very friendly. Nice bed, soft towels. Comfortable room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

First I have to say that the location is fantastic. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

Check in was a hassle because I didn't have the credit card that I used to make the reservation with me. I had to recommend the solution.

When the guy took me to the room, he tried to give me a lesson in the internal workings of mid to early 20th century locks. He was essentially saying that it would work if I didn't understand these arcane principles. Sure enough, the lock wouldn't open after I left at one point. I wonder if they sell locks that work in San Diego?

The toilet backed a couple of times, and the ancient window air conditioning unit near the bed was loud enough when it ran properly, but it would intermittently make some really grating sounds.

I would never stay there again and I feel compelled to write this on my own time, so...take it for what it's worth.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for something on the Bohemian side, you have found your hotel!We look forward to staying here in the future as the location is very close to the beach all the enjoyable places surrounding Del Mar. Our biggest head scratcher was the huge storage bin in the middle of the parking lot that did distract from the otherwise incredibly aesthetic minded hotel. Nonetheless, we give this hotel a very high recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This place was a last minute booking and all that was available. We lucked out. The hotel is classic Hotel California spanaish. Each room is named after an artist, we were in Diego-room 14 and it couldn't have nicer. The bed faced the large window that opened out to a tree top view of the ocean. The managers are an eclectic group but friendly. Easy walk to village. Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
6.1 km away
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

Been to Les Artistes? Share your experiences!