“Gem in Del Mar Highlands ”
Review of Searsucker Del Mar

Searsucker Del Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
Searsucker Del Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 101 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Located where the surf meets the turf in sunny Del Mar, Searsucker is a nationally recognized social dining concept encouraging guests to come early, and stay late. Menus are both serious and fun, with creative twists on New American Classics for Weekend Brunch, Weekday Lunch, Dinner and Happy Hour. Dishes range from shared plates and small bites ideal for the whole table, to farm and ocean dishes that you'll want to keep all to yourself. Inspired by the simplicity, relaxed and feel-good vibe of the seersucker fabric, Searsucker offers a space that invites patrons to relax and enjoy. The airy design features a glass enclosed kitchen, a lounge space with comfortable seating and a lively bar area. Patrons can watch the action, chat without boundaries and feel as if they’re at a friend’s dinner party rather than a restaurant--so come early, and stay late!
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We love going to Searsucker. We come here on date night but also bring the children for brunch on Sundays. My favorite things are the burger, filet, NY strip, and the brussel sprouts. My kids love the burger and their homemade ice cream sandwiches.

Tip - they have live music Wednesday night as well as Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Came here for lunch in a Saturday. Sat down right away. Wait staff was pleasant and attentive. I got the Spinach salad and my mate got the Chilaquiles. Both were excellent. Nice spot!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Four of us had a Happy Birthday dinner for my daughter on a Monday evening. We decided to sit at the bar for Happy Hour cocktails and appetizers and it was a fun and lively place. Drinks and appetizers arrived promptly and we enjoyed them. Later we were seated in a comfy, roomy booth. Our server was very friendly and courteous. Our entrees included the 1/2 lb burger, seared tuna, salmon and mac & cheese with spinach and Brussels sprout sides. Presentation on each entree was very good. Everything was very good although the Rare Tuna was a bit on the dry side. They knew it was my daughter's birthday and they brought out a delicious piece of chocolate cake with ice cream (with a candle, of course). It's definitely not economy dining, but that's not what you go to Del Mar expecting. All in all we had a very enjoyable dinner experience at Searsuckers.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

While visiting San Diego I was driving up 101 and asked around for a place to eat while heading north and Searsucker was recommended. You could say I rolled the dice and won! The weather and seating location was perfect, made it easy enjoy the sunset while trying something new. I normally take lots of pictures but once I bit into my meal I couldn’t stop. The service was good, staff was friendly, and the food was flavorful. I would definitely go again when visiting San Diego.

1  Thank BigRo77
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We were pleasantly surprise with this restaurant. We ordered salmon and short ribs , the salmon came with one side and the short ribs had mashed potatoes . Both entrees were excellent. I had a side of mushrooms which was quite a lot and delicious . We also had a cob salad to share which was good. The atmosphere is ok, more casual than I thought it would be but we liked the fact that it was family friendly. The service could have been better, our server kept disappearing although we saw other servers that seemed on top of things so perhaps ours was new or had tables a long way from ours. Botton line is we would return to this establishment since the food was good and priced moderately.