“Seafood”
Review of Seasalt

Seasalt
Reserve with OpenTable
Seasalt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Del Mar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I ordered the soup of the day which was split pea. The soup would have been great if a little less salt and a bit warmer. My entrée was the tropical salmon served on a bed of mango salsa with wilted spinach and caramelized onion garlic mash potato and this was quite good. The waiter came to check on our group but they seemed to be short staffed so he had many tables to attend to.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Admittedly two menu items is not sufficient to judge the overall food offerings. However, the items I had were good, but not memorable. I started with the Seasalt salad which was large with ample amounts of fresh spinach. I would have liked a better balance with perhaps fewer greens and mor beets. For my entree, I had the blackened scallops over risotto. The flavors were good, but the scallops seemed a bit lost with the other ingredients making it hard to truly taste the scallops. The selection of wines by the glass was reasonable. The service was very good, and the outdoor seating area, while mostly enclosed, was comfortable.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Great location. Service is friendly and attentive. But food is just not that good. It's a shame because it's close to my house.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We ate here to celebrate Mother's Day. A swing and a miss. We ordered the crab cake appetizer. Terrible texture, not chunky but more like oatmeal in consistency. Also had the Seasalt salad, pretty pedestrian; mostly a bowl of spinach with a few ornaments. Main dish was theoretically the Glazed Salmon. First, the fish was not cooked, it was over 50% raw inside, so we sent it back. When it came back it was not cooked the way we requested. We requested it be cooked to medium temperature. What came back was over well done, dry, no discernible glaze, a few unremarkable small potatoes sans seasoning. No lemon served with the salmon or crab cake, I would have even welcomed tartar sauce at this point. Overpriced, over-rated and kn my rear view mirror. What a shame, they occupy an building with local history down to the foundation. My parents had their first date at the dance club that used to be here in 1947. Come to think of it, maybe the Salmon was a holdover from their date....just sayin'

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Delightful setting. Comfortable seating. Wonderful views. Tasty food.
Prices are fair. Worth a visit. But make a reservation.

Been to Seasalt? Share your experiences!