“Just the basics.”

Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I booked this motel because the Best Western on Commercial Way was not available. I was in town for my annual visit to the Pin-A-Go-Go Pinball Show at the fairgrounds. Can't help but compare this property to my experience at the other motel. See my other reviews.
The best thing about this place is the value for the money. It's a basic motel room...no complaints, a nice bed, tv, fridge and micro, everything for the value oriented traveler.
The room was clean. Had a 3rd floor room on the side away from the 80 freeway so no trouble sleeping and no footsteps above my head.
The bathroom towels were a little small and scratchy but did the job. I didn't spend much time in the room anyway, just a place to rest my weary bones after hours and hours of pinball every day.
The breakfast was just ok...the only hot breakfast item was waffles you made yourself but they also had other standard cold items along with coffee and hot water for tea. Better than Days Inn but not nearly as good as Best Western breakfast.
The proprieters were cordial and answered my questions. Nice enough I suppose. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper. Or stay at Best Western.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
UK1966, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Brian,

We are so glad we had the opportunity for you to stay with us, there are always differences between hotels, and glad you found Value in your stay with us. We have an excellent location right of I-80 with easy on/off access on the quiet part of town. We do offer a complimentary continental breakfast. We do strive to do better, and hope you will stay with us or recomend us to family?friends whose needs you think we may meet.
Regards

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Clean modern property. Everything was fine until I couldn't take a shower because the faucet was completely broken and came loose in my hand! Credit to the deskperson who apologized and offered another room to shower in but the shower could not have been cleaned without noticing the damage.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
UK1966, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Guest.
We apologize for your inconvience and appreciate your understanding when the clerk tried to help on this issue for you.
We are having the issue corrected and hope you will please consider to stay with us again in the future and please call me direct for a reservation.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 May 2016

We went to a festival and needed a hotel nearby. Booked the Super 8 I was very surprised how clean the room was and large. The staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was better than most. We walked around the area for two miles and felt very safe. The price was very good also. We got more than we paid for.

Room Tip: Ask for two queen size beds and the room will be larger.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
UK1966, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Dear Guest.

Our guests are pleasantly surprised how spacious the rooms are and enjoy this. Our housekeepers and all staff do a great job and will appreciate your kind words.
Continental breakfast is a great option to start the day that is designed by Wyndham corporate. The area is very safe on the quiet part of town and conveniently located with easy on /off access to Highway I-80 with restaurants and gas stations nearby. We are so happy that you found value in your stay and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. The lobby is nice and has an aquarium. The rooms were large and very clean. The breakfast was nice in the morning. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
UK1966, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Guest.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here. The aquarium in the lobby is enjoyed by all ages , which is so relaxing and entertaining to view, it is maintained by a local aquarium owner from Davis. Our guests do enjoy the spacious rooms and find value in this. The complimentary breakfast which is a great option to start the day is designed by Wyndham Corporate and is a winner with guests . We look forward to you staying with us again.
Take Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
3.6 km away
13.6 km away
Hyatt Place UC Davis
Hyatt Place UC Davis
#1 of 11 in Davis

Been to Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis? Share your experiences!