“Best Mexican Food!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing! It's run by a great family and they serve absolutely fantastic Mexican food at extremely reasonable prices. The salsa is made there and some of the best salsa ever -- if you can pick just one place to eat in this area, this should be it!!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We went there about 4p.m. so the place was basically empty as we were well after the lunch crowd, and before the dinner crowd. The lady who waited on us (was she Maria?) was prompt at acknowledging our presence, punctual about taking order and did a follow up while we were eating to replenish sodas and to make sure food was okay.

We ordered the dish that was a Chicken Enchiladas with the lettuce and sour cream and I ordered guacamole extra so was charged extra, which I didn't mind. Plate came with rice and beans and everything was hot. Also ordered Carnedas plate that came with flour or corn (ordered the flour) tortillas, rice and beans. There was plenty of pork to cover the number of tortillas served with the meal. Both dishes very filling and good. First time visitor for us.

The only area that needs to be taken care of is the floors. They seem to have painted or had applied some green material to cover the cement floors and over time this has deteriorated and is starting to pull up off the cement. While it is a problem for the owner of the store, it can make the restaurant appear to not be well maintained, but it does not distract from the rest of the restaurant which had nice chairs and tables and they also have a TV and since we were the only customers in the restaurant we asked if the volume could be turned up. They accommodated the request. At the end of our meal we told her thank you and if she wanted to return to volume to barely audible she could.

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise because we had stopped into the service station to fill up and was thinking about going to Burger King -- but saw this in front of us and changed our minds. Glad we did. Probably our meal was a much better choice than a hamburger and fries!

I believe the most expensive items on the menu ran about $13. They have a lunch menu until 3 p.m. that could run less than $10, probably around $5 if I read the sign on the front of the restaurant correctly. So I would say the prices in this establishment are very reasonable for the amount of food you get served.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I have this place saved in my phone so when I'm traveling thru I can call ahead and order something to go, typically for lunch. Very good food at a great price. Easy to find, just of I80.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

The food is great and the customer service is awesome. They make you feel like you are sitting at home eating in their kitchen.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very good food! Family owned, staff was very friendly & attentive. Food was quick and very tasty. Large menu with many selections. Had a shrimp plate with veggies and rice and loved it! Great find conveniently located right off of the highway.

1  Thank Auty707

Been to Maria's Mexican Food? Share your experiences!