“Pretty good food and great coffee”

Tropicana Bakery and Cuban Cafe
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Downey
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The food was full of flavor, although my pulled pork was dry and extremely salty. Great coffee (cafe con leche). The black beans were a bit too watery for me. The pastries were good. It was jam packed at almost 10pm! It's a bit pricey.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice clean restaurant, this place has very good food, we ordered Lechon Desmenusado and Ropa Vieja, the food was excellent with lots of flavor and the people that works there are very friendly, host Roberto and server Wendy were very professional.

Give them a try you wont regret it.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Pastries are awesome, but restaurant side is not so great. My daughter and I ordered the lechon plate, and when I got mine it looked burnt and different beyond recognition. I told the server I think you gave me the wrong dish, do you know what this is? and he said no. He came back 5 minutes later and said the kitchen confirmed it was lechon. What got me, was he made no effort to make it right.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Mmm...I beleve the food is better than portos..it has more flavor than them....the pastries too...Love everything about Tropicana....mmm my mouth is watery...thinking about the food...cafe con leche...man..

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

line is always shorter than portos. patries are as good as portos. people are friendly. its just that I asked for one pastry that they only make at 7PM. That disappointed me.

Date of visit: March 2017