Chalet View Lodge(Graeagle)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$135
Orbitz.com
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
US$154
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
US$129
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
US$80
US$68
Dutch Flat Hotel(Dutch Flat)
US$116
US$150
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
US$99
US$89
All reviewshighly recommend this placethe ownerliztownaccommodations
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The owners were very accommodating even though I did not know when I would arrive. The room was clean comfortable and ready when I arrived. If you have have special needs like no or limited stairs talk to the owner before making your reservation. They will help you select the best room for your needs. My wife was not able to join me on this trip but I am looking forward to returning with her when we can stay for several days.

Room Tip: If you have have special needs talk to the owner before making your reservation. They will help you select the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2015

It's a clean, we'll run, charming Inn. The property gets an "average" rating because Downieville's charm doesn't include a high end boutique hotel. It's a rustic historical mining town. But the Carriage House Inn is definitely one of the nicer, if not nicest Inns in this part of the Gold country. And as everyone else has written the owners are great. Just really nice people that genuinely want you to enjoy your time there. The rooms have great charm and most are located right on the river. It's a great spot and well worth it if your staying in Downieville.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for an anniversary mountain biking getaway. The room was awesome. We had a deck overlooking the river shaded by a giant walnut tree that hid the inn across the river. Liz (one of the owners) was very friendly and addressed me by name every time she saw me. The free coffee in the morning was delicious (that's not always a given with free morning coffee) and the breakfast offerings were good. Loved that it was right next door to Yuba Expeditions where we rented mountain bikes and secured a shuttle ride to the top of the ride. Highly recommend this place for your mountain biking getaway. Really cute town, but dearth of cute places to eat that are open on Thursday night. We settled for take-out from La Cocina De Oro - that we ate by the river with a bottle of wine. Perfect end to a perfect woohoo day.

Room Tip: Room 3 was great. Definitely ask for the river side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui C
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family and I come here a lot (almost every year) during Fall Break. The Carriage House Inn has amazing owners, who are very friendly and supportive, and the rooms are great! It is right by the river, so you can sit outside and enjoy the peaceful mornings and afternoons. Also, it is located right downtown Downieville. During the off-season, Downieville is very quiet, but is good for relaxing. During the summer and tourist season, there are many events such as mountain biking races. This is by far the best inn/hotel in Downieville!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Meg K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have travelled through Downieville many times. It is a small town with nice people and one really good restaurant (La Cocina De Oro). But I never wanted to stay the night. After a long day of mountain biking, instead of driving home to Walnut Creek we decided to see if there were any openings at the Carriage House Inn; and thankfully they did. I have to say the Inn was not only clean, it is beautifully decorated and is owned/operated by the sweetest of hostesses, Liz. While I was hesitant in staying the night in this very small town, sleeping at the Carriage House was breathtaking. The bed was so comfortable and like I said everything about this Inn is CLEAN. The Inn sits right along the river so you hear the babbling water while you sleep. And waking up seeing the sun come up over the pine tree mountains was truly heavenly. I have never experienced anything like it. Now I want to visit Downieville just to stay at the Carriage House Inn. I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katrina P
Liz C, Owner at Carriage House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

What a wonderful review, and I'm very grateful for your positive thoughts. It's always a great experience interacting with guest who are enjoying themselves! Yes, good food and a well rested night is always important and it's great to hear you had both. Thank you again for visiting and we'll certainly look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful summer, Liz Luster