“Above Par Doesn't Say Much In The Philippines”
Review of Blue Azul

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Azul
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in El Nido
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 13 March 2015

Coming to the worst country on earth for food for a holiday you set the bar pretty low.

Blue Azuls owner was exceptionally friendly, very quick to take orders and the food was piping hot. The only issue was the felafel was soggy, but apart from that the food was decent and I don't know if i'd go back but its worth trying out if you are sick of all the other terrible food in El Nido.

Reviewed 14 February 2015

The falafel and we had was good, the owner was a nice and friendly person, but the staff working there (the young guys) were totally rude and unfriendly. This guys were always with a bad attitude and mas face, they didn't answered in a good way any of the question we asked them, and always with and attitude of "take it or leave it, I don't care a @%*&!".

Unacceptable, specially when you are very friendly and polite with them (how it should be always).

*Also -> EXPENSIVE: PhP250 each person, plus drinks.

NEVER AGAIN

1  Thank Felipe G
Reviewed 11 February 2015

I generally don't go to a place more than once because there are so many places to try when I'm only in a town for a few days but I found myself at Blue Azul several times. The food was high quality and the service was excellent. I especially liked the breakfast I had. The prices were fair and the portions were good sized. I would recommend this place to anyone in El Nido.

1  Thank nlaguilera
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My boyfriend and I ate at this restaurant four times whilst in El Nido. We tried a lot of places to eat whilst visiting but this was definitely the best. There was so much to chose from which is why we had to keep coming back, so we could try a bit of everything, and none of it disappointed. Everything from the falafals, the curry and the burgers were all amazing. So many options for vegetarians but also for my meat eating boyfriend. The staff were all so friendly and we didn't have to wait for ages for food and drinks like a lot of other places we visited. I cannot recommended this place enough :)

1  Thank Siobhan S
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a review for The Blue Azul in El NIdo, Palawan in the Philippines.
At times I have found it hard to find really good food in El Nido. The Beach Front Restaurants offer not bad but pretty pedestrian food. We heard about the Blue Azul from our son who had eaten there during his last visit to El Nido. We were not really to sure where it was but hoped into a couple of Trikes and our drivers had no problem finding it. Once you find your way it is an easy walk back to the main hotels along the beach. We were a group of 10 and we were welcomed right away by the owner, who is extremely friendly and outgoing. The atmosphere was colorful and bright with lots of lights adding to the pleasant ambiance of this restaurant. We were introduced to the specials and it was strongly suggested that we give them a try. With such a large group we tried a bit of everything tough, from the Falaffel Burger, Shawarma's, Salads to the Falaffel. I had the Falaffel special which came with Salad, Roti and the absolutely one of best hummus's I have ever had. In my mind if you don't have a good amount of garlic to hummus you are wasting your time and this hummus did not disappoint. Everyone at the table was very pleased with their meal and we all concurred that this was the best meal we had experienced in El Nido. This was our second trip to El Nido and we have tried many restaurants and I can say this will be my first stop if I am ever back again. And if I do go back I am going to ask if I can get some Hummus and Roti to go! What a great beach snack it would make.

2  Thank CalgaryTuffy