“Quick and Tasty Seafood”
Review of Malibu Fish Grill

Malibu Fish Grill
Ranked #13 of 172 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Stopped in for a quick, healthy bite and was in and out within 15min (at the most). I ordered the special which was the Red Snapper plus 2 sides. Everything tasted simple and fresh - no frills and was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We were staying at a hotel around the corner, flying out of LAX the next morning, when we discovered this little place. Not really knowing what to expect, we decided to give it a try. Wow, were we really happy! For a place not even the size of a McDonald's their menu had a wide variety of appetizers, seafood, and sides. We were a little disappointed because they had a picture on the wall of mahi mahi, our favorite, but this location didn't have it. Although it's not fast food, it works the same way--place an order then pick it up at the counter (our wait was only about 10 minutes)--so there is no "service" to speak of, since you also refill your own drink. Outdoor seating is also available. The food was very good and the prices for everything were reasonable. Give this place a try if you're in the neighborhood!

1  Thank David A
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We were staying at the Hilton Garden Inn about a half mile away on an overnight layover at LAX and found this on the neighborhood map. It was a safe, easy walk from our hotel to here and back. We split the crab cake appetizer, which was half price when we were there in the late afternoon. We each had one cake; how tasty. I had the surf and turf skewers: one grilled chicken, one skewer of 4 shrimp, and one with beef cuts. I also had the steamed veggies as a side. Everything was good and tasty. My other half had the snapper plate with 2 sides: sweet potato fries and cole slaw. We ate on the outside balcony which was just perfect, weather-wise. We both just had water. Service was very friendly and efficient. If we're in the area again, this will be near the top of list for a quick bite plus there was a Ralph's a few doors down so we could stop and buy some goodies to take back for an evening snack!

1  Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We had a Mediterranean salad with grilled salmon and a kale & quinoa salad with snapper. Both fresh, light and tasty although the fish was slightly over cooked. Service was fast and friendly. The ambience is low key and pleasant, definitely not pretentious. In all, just what we needed after a 12-hour flight into LAX.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I stopped in after work for a beer and a couple appetizers. I was there during their happy hour and saw price reductions on some things. Their sign says happy hour applies to "most" appetizers and it wasn't clear to me if it applied to their bottled beers but I ended up with a $14 bill for a bottled beer, the coconut shrimp and chips & guacamole, so not bad.

I thought the guacamole was pretty good and the coconut shrimp was good.

There was a bit of a wait when nobody seemed to be at the counter and a small line was waiting to order. When they returned to the counter, the service for ordering was okay but not particularly warm.

I didn't end up waiting very long at all for food to show up though the place was maybe half full. It looks like the kind of place (at this time) where
a lot of groups would come to have some beers and maybe a snack right after work.

So for me as a solo visitor just looking for a drink and hors d'oeuvres, it was fine but nothing particularly impressive.

1  Thank TheSpear

Been to Malibu Fish Grill? Share your experiences!