“would go there again...often”
Review of Wendy's Place

Wendy's Place
Ranked #24 of 180 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 June 2018

This is a diner and so unique....only saw men waiters there I think because they were short a person, the waiter came out to take our order...very sweet guy!! It was a very comfortable place with Norman Rockwell pictures and glued together puzzles adorning the non-pretentious walls, taking you back to a simpler, friendlier time.
You can tell the regulars...they come and get their own utensils and know just what to order. The menu is simple but the choices are many, and we both really enjoyed our breakfast there after getting out of LAX. If I lived in LA, I'd be there at least once a month. Just a warning though, they don't take credit cards.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank gwanma

Reviewed 5 May 2018

My husband visit LA at least two times a year usually staying in Hollywood or Anaheim but a few years ago we stayed in El Segundo. We visited Wendy's and have been going back every visit. In fact we go directly there after landing. My husband and I are fans of mom and pop cafe's and Wendy's is definitely one. The waitresses are quickly attentive. The food generous and delicious. I have had eggs Benedict and my husband typical breakfast. They also have lunch specials. We have seen the same regulars when we visit. Going there we feel like we are part of the town.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Sylvia G
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Family of 5 from Ireland absoloutely fell in love with this place. Popular with locals and we can see why! Typical American Diner, we were here for breakfast and had a great meal. 10/10

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2017

A wonderful local diner - very reminiscent of the old 1950's cafe's.
Has an extremely loyal local following - So it is not always easy to get in without a wait. . The food is simple and tasty

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have been walking by Wendy's for years. There's always a line on the weekends waiting for breakfast/brunch. Thinking this a sign of excellent food in a hole-in-the-wall, I went one morning. Ugh! Smelled. Food was greasy. Sticky floor. Service was "meh." I have not gone back to see if my visit was an anomaly.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Wendy's Place? Share your experiences!