“Nice place”

Ranked #6 of 120 Restaurants in Emeryville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It is nearly impossible to choose what people love most about Emeryville’s Black Bear Diner. Maybe it’s the fact that we’re part of a thriving cornucopia of popular locales like Pixar Animation Studios and Apple Computers. Perhaps it’s the outdoor seating (a rarity in the area) at the new Greenway. Or it could be our involvement with breast cancer awareness, veteran support, Make-a-Wish events, and local schools. No matter the reason, if you’re in search of cool, old-fashioned cuisine, our diner will definitely hit the spot. Sit down at one of our tables and feast your eyes on our eclectic menu, which includes newspapers on the front and back depicting the history of Emeryville. Then, make your selection and enjoy!
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The atmosphere here is nice if you have small kids. I didn't care for the meatloaf that I ordered but everyone else enjoyed their meals. I would try it again if in the area.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

The food was fine and service was fast and friendly. I recommend it if you are looking for nothing special food. You get what you expect and you don't have to wait.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Black Bear Diner is a country style home cooking restaurant with traditional American style meals and some Italian fare spaghetti and pasta as well. Eggs and breakfast dishes are hearty and large portioned and good menu with lots of lunch sandwiches and dinner style meals with my favorite country type dishes such as pot roast, friend chicken, open face turkey with gravy, etc.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I've seen Black Bear locations all over the place, but never actually stopped in. We were staying at the Sheraton next door and we decided to grab breakfast. Not much to say, the eggs were prepared properly, the hash brown potatoes were actually very good, not the frozen shredded kind, they looked like they were made there from fresh potatoes.

The service was fine, nothing to complain about. But it was a typical breakfast. A little on the pricy side, but it is the bay area and near hotels, so that's not a surprise. Next time staying at the Sheraton or nearby, we'll probably do Black Bear again.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Even though the location,look,and style seems ok,as soon as you enter,it smells weird,like vomit,,,the service is slow,the meat rough,too strong for the taste,and the fish,not good quality,,it is not pricey but who cares when you eat rubish
My stomach was burning hours later,,,definitely I will not come back.