1,450 results
All reviews front desk bay bridge san francisco gas station hilton garden mountain view easy access hotel shuttle parking fee convenient location hotel restaurant short drive free shuttle emery go round light sleeper hgi freeway
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was a good hotel, clean and well-appointed rooms. The bed was comfortable and the room coffee surprisingly good. Note that the highway is very very close and it never never quiets down, so bring earplugs if you get an optimistically named ‘mountain view’ room! There are two convenience stores close by, a nice walk to the marina in the evening and lots of shopping close by. Nice to be outside of the city but the prices are still
high for what you get.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thanks BlodynCymraeg for your "Good Stay" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found the rooms well-appointed and clean. Our in-room coffee has been well received and enjoyed by most. As the hotel is always busy so is the freeway outside in fact one of the busiest freeways in the US. I also agree with you that prices are some of the highest in the land but for Bay Area prices I feel we are the most competitive just check out those prices across the Bay Bridge in "The City". Just saying. Thanks again for the "Good Stay".

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Supposedly they have this great system where you can use your phone as your room key but it does not work. When I arrived to check-in they could not find my reservation even though I had already checked in. I had to search for my confirmation number and then she said, "oh yes, they have your name spelled wrong"?? My name on my reservation and check-in was spelled right when I checked. So check-in took at least 12 minutes!! Hotel is nothing special and for $278 a very very poor value for money. Free wifi was hopeless so had to pay for it. Noisy (highway noise) and not that clean. I won't be back. By the way if you think that being a Hilton Honors member helps, it doesn't!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thanks Anthony for your recent comments regarding your most recent stay. I feel your frustration that the digital check-in process did not work for you. Digital check-in for our Hilton HHonors members was initiated almost 2 years ago at our hotel and just this January we upgraded to where you actually bypass the whole front desk if you so desire and go directly to your room for the higher tiered HHonors members that have a smart phone and proper method of payment approved which makes the process even more expedited. For the most part it has been almost flawless on the execution which makes it even more disappointing that you were not able to enjoy this simple process which involves only a couple clicks on your phone. Hopefully you will not give up and give it another try. Thanks for sharing your challenges.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Pretty good stay. We had the usual hotel noise problems - people in the hallway sounded like they were in our room, obnoxiously loud toilet and air conditioner/heater. Other than that the beds were comfortable, the room was clean. There was a comfortable lobby with cookies to snack on every night. The hotel breakfast was good and great value since kids were free!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thanks Diane for you "Simple But NIce Breakfast" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Sorry that you encountered some of the usual hotel noise problems. Unfortunately I have to admit you are correct on all accounts. We are going to be renovating very soon which I am addressing that gap under the door that permits sounds and noise to come thru. I was told that in the design of the hotel that was built over 50 years ago this was done on purpose for better circulation of air thru the rooms and hallways. Unfortunately permitting noise from the hallways as well to enter the guest rooms which can be loud at times especially at night when its very quiet out except for the talking of guests walking down the hallway or waiting for an elevator. I had to laugh at the obnoxious loud toilet comment - for that was my same comment when I was first shown our brand new turbo charged toilets - what ? turbo toilets - Yes. These are brand new toilets last year that replaced the old slow and barely flushable toilets which we were encountering stopped up toilets. These toilets saves several gallons of water with each flush and we now do not have stopped up toilets - however they are obnoxiously loud and please keep your children away from the toilet bow - just kidding !
I am glad that the kids got to eat for free (as they should) which I believe we have a lot of choices that kids will actually like too !

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I accompanied my husband on his business trip. He was there for a week; I was there for a couple of days. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Beds were clean and comfortable, and TV was a nice size. Bathroom has a large sink area that spans the entire wall and a tub/shower. Decent water pressure.

Hotel has a free shuttle within 3 miles. You do have to sign up in advance, and times are limited. You can view the Bay Bridge from the hotel. To get to San Francisco...BART is not within walking distance, but there is a Emeryville trolley that hotel staff said takes you there (we just got Uber to the train). Using BART is fairly easy, but it is probably faster to get to San Francisco via Uber/Lyft (although more expensive).

I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but my husband said it was good ($17 buffet). Hotel also has a bar, but I did not go to it.

I did work out in the fitness center, which was nice, clean, and bright. Three elliptical machines, at least two treadmills, bike, machine weights, yoga mats, wipes for the equipment, and towels provided. The elliptical machines and treadmills have TV screens.

If you stay here, fly into Oakland. When getting there using GPS, keep in mind that the hotel entrance is not where GPS leads you. The hotel is on a corner, so the entrance is on the cross street, behind the Shell station.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thanks Schusle for your "Good Hotel For Business Travelers" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I just love it when you are able to take advantage of a business trip and turn it into a perfect getaway ! Your review was very detail oriented where I think any guests that has never been to our hotel will have a great appreciation of everything that we have to offer as well as the surrounding areas all the way down to the closest airport. Thank you for your strong recommendation and very glad you had a wonderful trip with your husband. Hopefully you will be able to do it again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I left something in my room and they did a very good job of helping me get it back. I'm grateful for Miranda and Jerome for their kind service. Thank you! I like the location and the room as well. Great stuff all around.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thanks Jesse for your "Very Helpful and Friendly Staff" review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I was so pleased to read that we had "Great Stuff All Around" alone with your comments of the perfect location and room that you stayed in. Most people don't realize how many items are left behind daily and how much effort goes into returning those items to their rightful owners. We have systems in place that keeps the process flowing smoothly from recovery to securing and notifying, then finally returning. Sometimes this is more challenging when items are discovered as the items move through the system as only a few authorized individuals are allowed access to these valued items which can prove frustrating for the rightful owner. That is when managers such as Miranda & Jeremy step in and expedite the recovery process. Thanks so much for sharing your appreciate of them and their efforts to recovery of your valued items.
Thanks again