“Best ever Breakfast place”
Review of Potato Shack Cafe

Potato Shack Cafe
Ranked #24 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

A wonderful place to eat breakfast. Large portions. Great food ! Inside and outside seating. I love the outside seating. The manhole pancakes are larger than the Pete and are so good. The Potato Shack is located on 'I' street in Encinitas. It's a must eat at when in the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Great place. Tourists come here, and the staff knows that and responds with a positive attitude. Very nice cafe, you can eat outside too, if you want. Very nice place, doing it right.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I would give the Potato Shack Café a 5-star rating for the food, but I notch the rating down because of the prices. Portions are big, food is GREAT, but the prices are too high. HOWEVER, after saying that, most of the breakfast items could easily be split between 2 people, unless you're a HUGH eater. I love the biscuits and gravy, and a whole order is plenty to share between two. Pancakes are great, and giant -- again, one order could be shared.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

This place is something else and we experienced one of the best breakfast meals ever! The service was fast and stellar. The food was incredible! The pancake seemed like it was the size of a metal trashcan cover! It was huge, yet incredibly delicious. Overall, this was an excellent and memorable meal! We loved it!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

What can I say? This place is just as great as it was when we visited 4 years ago! This time I tried the loaded baked potato! My husband had the eggs, bacon, and manhole blueberry pancake. My kids all got manhole pancakes: blueberry, apple cinnamon, banana, and chocolate chip! They were huge as always and very moist!

Service was outstanding and we left with lots of leftovers for later!!! We were so happy to see that things haven't changed and that the food and service are still great!! It's not cheap--it was $75 for our family of 6, plus tip but we all had something to drink and we did have lots of food leftover for later!