“Italian Chic”
Review of Trattoria I Trulli

Trattoria I Trulli
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria I Trulli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between G & H Street
Transit: Encinitas Coaster stop 3 blocks North and 1 block East of our location
Description: Cozy and quaint setting that will bring you back to Italia! A true trattoria one would find roadside in Tuscany. Our cuisine is traditional authentic Italian. With many classical dishes including homemade lasagne, our classic ricotta & spinach ravioli and gnocchi made in house daily. Bread fresh from the oven every morning compliments our garlicky Sicilian tomato pesto dipping sauce. A rock star wine list with more than 100 bottles offered at every price point and more than 20 wines by the glass to choose from. Daily specials are more contemporary Italian with a range of game meats including rabbit, venison, quail and bison using produce and recipes of the season. Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This bustling Italian bistro is serving up exceptional Italian fare with an elegant twist. My wife loved her burrata served with prosciutto and peaches; my beef carpaccio was excellent. The entrees were outstanding also. I had the meat cannelloni and my wife enjoyed the shrimp special.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We took a break from the usual beach and California cuisine for some Italian comfort food. Happily this little restaurant offered both-excellent pasta and Italian with a California twist. The menu is extensive and we were torn between pastas and seafood dishes. Everything we tried was delicious especially the special salad of the day with fennel, arugula, pomegranate and more.
This is a tiny place but seating inside and out.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Went there due to yelp reviews. Bread came first. Soft and tasteless with a small bowl of cold tomato sauce. Give me a break! Give me crusty sour dough if you can’t make Italian/French crusty bread. The plates were ample but tasteless. Not a memorable experience.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch. Service was good (only four tables occupied). I didn’t catch the wine list, but the food menu was great. Plenty of daily specials, but not a whole lot of meat-dishes. We ordered pasta, lasagne, fish....everything was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. I will definitely go back

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Food was nice and atmosphere was good for conversation. Pasta and salads are tasty. Highly recommend!