“Eccellente!”

Add it.
Bubby's Gelato
Ranked #10 of 13 Dessert in Encinitas
Reviewed 25 August 2015

A little hole in the wall - delicious homemade gelato! I had the lemon cheesecake and my granddaughter had cookies and cream. Really as good as what I had in Italy.

In all fairness to the woman who serves it - owner? I don't think English is her first language and she comes from a different cultural background - when we first entered, she was a bit stand offish. When we engaged in conversation and I told her that my granddaughter and I were celebrating her starting 7th grade, she blossomed into a loving Italian grandmother.

We will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Lots of selection, but the favors are not vibrant. Out of all the gelato rials in San Diego, this is my least favorite. It doesn't taste fresh, the sorbetto doesn't taste like fresh fruit. Tastes closer to ice cream than true Italian gelato/sorbetto.

Try Bobboi in La Jolla for the best gelato in town!

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Made a brief stop at Bubby's for a little rest while in Encinitas. The store is located in a town square shopping area - so there is a nice place to sit down and enjoy the weather. Good selection of gelato but the portion was a bit small.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

Gelato was fine, but I've had better She doesn't display it like you would find in Italy and that is a little disappointing. The price is reasonable for homemade gelato, however I wasn't overly impressed with it. It's a very small restaurant, with only room for 2 or 3 people sit inside.

Reviewed 17 February 2015

Delicious gelato. As good as I had in Italy (and I had a cup of gelato everyday on that trip)! The owner and server was a bit cranky, but whatever. We will definitely go back!