“authentic and consistent”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 January 2016

I go here every trip to North County San Diego. Try the Carne Asada or Bacon breakfast Burrito. To die for.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

My friend and I were new to the area and every day while driving by we saw a line on the sidewalk outside of this little place. Decided to stop for a burrito and it was so delicious we went back the next day. I was thinking i was a little embarrassed to have done so, but saw another customer that had been there the day before also lol. So delicious and priced right and so simple and yummy.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We found this restaurant the last time we stayed here. Food has always been good and very reasonably priced.
This time, I saw that it said carnitas de Tepatitlan. Which instantly brought back childhood memories of this town outside of Guadalajara famous for its carnitas.
Ordered this meal and the carnitas were exactly as I remembered eating with my family.
Plan to keep eating here when I return. Always filled with lots of locals.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Lets begin with the tortillas. To me Juanita's has wonderful tortillas, the foundation for a good taco or burrito. The meats are fresh and cooked to perfection. No dried out hard bits. I love it all and find it difficult to go to a full service Mexican restaurant when the food at Juanita's Taco Shop is much more satisfying.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

This place is legendary. They've always been known to have the best Mexican food in all North County. There were lines out the door at 1am, 2am, etc all through the '90s and frequently still are! If you don't like the Mexican food here, you really don't "get" Mexican food 100% as this place is the very best!