“Worst Sandwich I have ever had”

Champagne French Bakery Cafe
Ranked #7 of 10 Bakeries in Encinitas
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My wife and I stopped in today for lunch on our way home. The featured sandwich was a French BLT so we both tried it....it was awful. As expected it was on a French Roll so it was large which was fine. However, they must have been running low on tomatoes as mine had one thin slice on one half the sandwich and a half slice on the other half. When it was prepared they much have been in a hurry as there was only a small dab of mayonnaise on each side so the overall sandwich was very dry...the only taste was the bacon which was plentiful but must have been turkey bacon or something out of the ordinary as the taste was not pleasing to either of us. The small side salad was good. There was only sugar for the iced tea, no no-calorie sweetener was available. The outside seating was pleasant. When an employee came by and asked about our lunch I told him the sandwich was dry, lacked much tomato and had almost no mayonnaise so wasn't good. His only response was "thanks for the input" with no thought about trying to make it right.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My wife & I were out with our friends last Friday night hen the conversation turned to the Best local bakery that serves the Jesuit. My wife said Champagne bakery our friend said he like anothef French bakery. Decision taste test... we went to the Champagne bakery but it was just closing for the night but the manager named Maria I think said to come back in the early morning and she could help us find out. Done, we came back the next morning which was Saturday... with the pastry from the French bakery in hand...
Results..hands down Champagne won by a hundred times better!!
We knew being satisfied customers for 23 plus years our friends.. are now raving fans!!
Thanks to the Manager first and foremost of the Champagne bakery as well as the great baking staff!!
We love you guys as all your goodies are fantastic which includes lunch items too!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Fabulous service, friendly staff, great food. Very yummy pastries and lovely sandwiches. A great choice available.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed each meal here so far. Today I had the brioche French toast with almonds, fresh strawberries, syrup and bacon. Fantastic bread; not too thick. Strawberries were ultra fresh as well.

In the past I've had the spinach quiche and the crust was very flaky. Excellent dish as well.

For dessert I suggest the very authentic macaroons or the delicious apple tart.

Great spot with outdoor mostly shaded seating near a fountain. Great servers as well.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

This place is very good for sitting sipping coffee and having french style made patisseries in the ambience of patios with garden and fountain. It's tranquil, serene and very relaxed. Spending the hightea time chatting with friends is perfect.