US$98
Best Western Escondido Hotel(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$120
US$123
US$105
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$68
Escondido Lodge(Escondido)
US$83
US$75
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Motel Mediteran(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$55
1,794 results
All reviewstime sharesan diegorec centercanyon grillpizza hut expressbedroom unitfull kitchentimeshare tourfarmers marketharmony hillmountain villatimeshare presentationwhelksair hockeyboulder springsparking passwasher dryer
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had a great time at welk resort the only issue i ran into was harmony hill and broadway hill not carrying towels but had excellent service from many employees including Reid at harmony and with bk at broadway

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lakedanny333
Hutch F, Director of Consumer Affairs at Welk Resort San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Enjoyed the vast surroundings and views. Appears to be a very well kept property.
We did have a hard time seeing the entrance at night, - the area is very dark and as we note, not well lighted when you are trying to find the road into the property.
Service was nice, - we had used this as a timeshare stay and really did not interact with the staff too much but pleasant when we did.
The website makes it hard to determine what type of room you are looking for.We specifically were a little uncomfortable in the small tight kitchen and living room area. More like an efficiency. Maybe next time we will look into a 2 bedroom in hopes the living area will be larger.
I notice in looking at these reviews, the Director thanks all the 'nice' comments but never replies to the people with issues. It's such a beautiful property, I hope someone is listening to all the reviews and taking into consideration every opinion. We wouldn't 'mind staying again to enjoy more of the on-site amenities.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathryn S

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed the resorts surrounding an views. We would love to welcome you back for another stay and all feedback that is provided does not go unnoticed.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My wife family has owned a unit at Welk since it was built and were one of the first owners at the resort. My wife and I have been together for 20+ years, so needless to say, we have spent many summers visiting Welk.

This year, my in-laws had their annual visit scheduled and because of our growing family, my wife and I and our two young kids booked a second unit using our time share and traded it through RCI. While my in-laws were in their unit on Broadway Hill, while we were stuck staying at Villas on the Green. From the get-go the experience was negative from the inattentive check in experience to the filthy unit to the paper-thin walls that made you feel like you were staying in the same room with the unit next door. The resort has clearly outsourced their maintenance and housekeeping to an external provider (Mastercorp) who does a terrible job maintaining the units. Something as simple as requesting pool towels (as they were not in the room) often took 2 hours + or some requests were simply ignored.

The unit was filthy and even the bedroom dresser and nightstand had trash and old food from a previous guest. The bathroom even had a ziplock bag in it with a pair of dirty underwear from a previous guest.

While we will be back to stay with my in-laws, I would NEVER trade my timeshare for this resort, nor EVER buy a unit here. Anyone who is, is being ripped off!

Many other reviews share the same thing. So much possibility to make this resort amazing, terrible on service and delivery.

Based on the pictures I have placed in this review you will notice:
1) Drawers in bedroom with trash, food and even a fake eyelash.
2) Dirty appliances (That was at check in)
3) Dirty Fridge
4) Rusted sinks
5) Filthy bathroom
6) Shower door with stains, rust and mold
7) Wallpaper in bathrooms pealing
8) Filthy furniture and Carpets
9) Dirty exteriors common areas
10) Housekeeping leaving bags of linens and towels for over a day outside to clean our unit an entire day before we checked out.
11) RUSTED OUT dishwasher that I called to complain about and they replaced with a dishwasher which was not rusty but broken and didn't work.

TERRIBLE!!!! Im so angry I wasted a week of time I earned for this place!

Room Tip: Stay away from Villas on the Green!
1  Thank ddcassara
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Welk Resorts has great potential, but fell short on meeting expectations.

The primary focus of this review is related to our overnight stay at the resort.

I will start with the highlights. The resort is large and is located in a beautiful area of SoCal. There are some great amenities such as pools, fitness centers, markets, restaurants, amphitheater, theater with live performances, and a golf course. The rooms are similar to condos with a kitchen, living area, bedroom, and bathroom with double sinks. There was a ceiling fan in the living room and the bedroom. The rooms are large and comfortable. There is a large balcony with the room. The carpet is high quality and the primary bed was comfortable. Although there were some dated issues with the unit and some blemishes with the finishes, the overall quality of the unit was good.

Now for the not-so-good aspects of our trip. We were a party of four. We live about 100 miles away. We decided to book a show at the theater. Instead of staying at a reasonably priced nearby hotel, we decided to splurge with a room at the resort. We checked in on Saturday and was checking out on Sunday. The plan was to enjoy the resort on Saturday until the 8:00pm show and follow-up the next morning with a leisurely breakfast before departing. Not an unreasonable plan for $500, but the plan fell apart due to unreasonable policies, lackluster service, and some "are-you-kidding" issues.

We booked a room for four people. The unit was presented as having two beds. Upon arrival, we discovered that one of the beds was a sofa bed. I told them that we were expecting two beds based upon the online description. The response was that there are two beds. One happens to be a sofa bed. I did not expect an uncomfortable sofa bed in my $500 room. I also discovered that I would have to wait until 4:00pm to check-in. The check-in time is 4:00pm and the check-out time is 10:00am. I have never seen such narrow time slots. That eliminated any opportunity to fulfill our goal of enjoying the resort during our stay. By the time you check-in and get settled into the room, there is only a few hours of daylight left in the day. That leaves limited opportunity for using the pool and certainly eliminates the possibility of golfing or enjoying other facilities. I called the following morning to ask for one extra hour before checking out. The response was an abrupt "no" because they do not offer extended check-outs. So much for the idea of a leisurely breakfast.

Although the unit was nice, I was struck by some unbelievable omissions. There was only one small square of soap for the entire bathroom. Are you kidding? There should have been a bar of soap for each sink, one for the tub, and one for the shower. That is a customary expectation. We also discovered that there was no hair dryer. It is customary to provide a hair dryer, even at budget hotels. How was it possible that my $500 room did not provide a sufficient quantity of soap or a customary hair dryer?

The resort is nice and has great potential for providing a memorable experience to its patrons, but the lack of customer oriented service, the lack of normal room condiments, the late afternoon check-in time, and the unreasonable narrow time between check-in and check-out prevent that from happening, unless you spend $1000 or more so that you have multiple days at the resort. In my opinion, I wasted $500 and would have found more enjoyment during my short weekend stay at a nearby budget hotel. I will never consider returning to this place. Their failure to meet my expectations lead to my failure to fulfill the expectations of my family to have a memorable experience.

Although not the primary focus of this review, I must note that the live theater is outstanding and is worth the time and cost. The theater is open to the public and does not require a stay at the resort. That part of the experience was memorable, but that was available for about $35 per person.

1  Thank SCB951

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so disappointed to hear about all of the issues you encountered while at our resort. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. We also know that there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Rest assured that we will look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations and service for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Very nice resort. Too bad we didn't have the time to do many of the fun things they had to offer. The Beatles show was great, couldn't keep me from singing! Kids enjoyed the pool, again i didn't have time to slash

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thanks for choosing to stay here at Welk resorts on. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us especially at The Beatles Show. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and details you provided. Please visit us again so you can enjoy all the amenities our Resort has to offer.