“Mama Janisse & Desiree Took Excellent Care of Us”
Review of Bless My Soul Cafe

Bless My Soul Cafe
Ranked #25 of 194 Restaurants in Eureka
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Creole Fusion Cuisine, as created by Sweet Mama Janisse one of Americas Best kept secretes.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We were joined by friends here for dinner. While they were out of a few things we wanted, we did not lack for good food and fun! Being from the South and loving NOLA, we had a meal that reminded us of home. Some of the dishes we enjoyed were the fried catfish, gumbo (spicy, oh my), and chicken and waffles, the beef and onion soup, fresh salads and hush puppies. My favorite though, the fried okra...not served like I was used too...better! Light, whole okra fried to perfection. Mama Janisse's sauces are the thing that sets her food apart. From the BBQ for the chicken, to the house dressing for the salad, the creole aioli for the okra and hush puppies, or her tarter sauce for the catfish, each one was special. But the overall favorite for us, Mama's Swamp Heat; in fact, we had to purchase a couple of bottles to take home. Needless to say, we'll be back next trip to Eureka. You should not miss this place either. Mam Janisse and her family know how to provide Southern hospitality and good food!

2  Thank Pat B

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Tonight we had dinner here and loved it.
We didn't had made reservations, but luckily there was still a space left.
Later that evening the place was filled.

Service was good and the owner took the time to make a chat with the guests, which was lovely.
We had the jambalaya.
Spicy and tasteful.

Would definitely go here again on a next trip.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I would like to first say i have never left a bad review before, having worked in the service industry many years myself, I know everyone has an off day. To start, there was only one waitress on duty and the whole restaurant was full. We called ahead and made reservations and once seated waited 20 minutes before even getting water. The daily special board had Gumbo on it which half our table ordered. They did not have enough for one of our party to have it so they switched to jambalaya. The gumbo came out looking like dirty dishwater with only a few grains of rice floating in it. And not everyone's food made it to the table. My cousins meal was forgotten altogether while the jambalaya made my boyfriend sick the next day. To say I was embarrassed for bringing out-of-town family here is an understatement. The waitress knew it was a poor experience, as she started bringing out to-go boxes full of fried chicken and biscuits to apologize. We simply paid our bill and left with no intention of ever going back! Save yourself the stomachache and DON'T EAT HERE!

1  Thank Erica R
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

A large group of family went to Bless My Soul as part of a HSU graduation celebration.
The place very small, with about 10 tables and can be a bit loud.

The food was very good and not what you can otherwise easily find. Po'Boys with fried catfish, okra, hush puppies and Louisiana iced tea make this place unique.

This isn't a good choice for families with small kids. The menu and the environment are not geared for kids.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

some good foods and to eat many good lamp but not many on cling!!!

Some californi a visit the place in kazakh and see thing but i lamp with food shop!!

1  Thank lampsrevvyou