“We were attending the Kinetic Races in that area and stayed at Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Eureka

Motel 6 Eureka
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The people we dealt with were very friendly - room was clean. They have WIFI which you must pay for but with some of the Motel 6's if you have an AARP membership you can get your WIFI free.We had requested a ground floor room as stairs are harder for us at this time and the room was on the ground level accessible to the parking.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2017

lets see... sketchy neighborhood, wandering homeless in parking lot, staff standing in circle by entrance smoking, given a room for handicapped clients, floors filthy, linen iffy, front desk reused coffee bag to make second pot, i could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. better off sleeping in the car at a rest stop with doors locked

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank di0uf
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Let me start saying that I have stated numerous Motel 6 properties in the past. I have not had any previous issues. However this property has more to be desired. At 75 per night I expected just a bit more. Not a lot. But seriously, this is a low end place, that should charge $20. Checkin- The ladies at check-in were fine. But when we got to the room, it was supposed to be non-smoking and it reeked! There was even a ashtray on the nightstand. They had tried to cover up the smell but it was still there. Bedspread had cigarette burns and stained with who knows what! Plus the lamp by the bed was missing a lampshade. Cleanliness here was subpar. We refused to stay at this property ,the office staff understood. As I was leaving to go back to my car, I was approached by a homeless bum telling me he would give me $20 for a ride to Walmart which is just down the street a mile. I told him no and then he proceeded to walk across the parking lot and get into another car with his partner. Quite questionable in my opinion. Visitors be aware. Eureka is a beautiful town with nice shops and restaurants but some questionable locations. Just be careful in choosing your next hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We were driving home to Oregon and needed a quiet place to stay and did not want to spend a lot of money, this fit the bill. The room was clean with plenty of towels. The pillows were amazing. We were on the back side which I thought might be loud because of the dog area but the walls are pretty thick so we heard nothing and got a great nights sleep. The shower was great just remember it is a Motel 6 so bring your own shampoo. They are conveniently located also.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stay at a lot of Motel 6's because we have a dog and we didn't want to dish out a lot of money for a quick overnight stay. This fit the bill in that way. We did feel like, of all our Motel 6's, this one felt a little scarier. We brought in more of our stuff from our car than we usually do as the large open parking lot felt unsafe. We heard arguing both when we were in our room and as we were walking outside (and subsequently ran into the people who were arguing and they weren't the most upstanding-looking citizens). Our dog, who loves to sniff everything, was planting her feet and wouldn't go into the grass, even when we dragged her... not sure what that's about! She's only done that maybe 3 other times and you have to wonder what she smells that she doesn't like!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple