“Dinner on a Wednesday”
Review of Jack's Seafood

Jack's Seafood
Ranked #15 of 191 Restaurants in Eureka
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I ordered the halibut (caught locally) and my wife had the scallops. The halibut was cooked perfectly. It was grilled to perfection ... Cooked through, but still moist. The scallops were awesome. They were huge, and cooked perfectly. The veggies were sauteed and the potatoes were roasted ... Also good. The clam chowder was some of the best I've ever had. I finished with creme brulee (excellent) and my wife had the brownie with ice cream. We were stuffed, and very satisfied.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Modern interior, attractive exterior. The menu looked good... honestly I expected better. The chowder definitely tasted like raw flour. It was thick and pasty. I had the halibut, which was a bit overdone. Good wine list, local offerings

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times with friends and solo. Their seafood is delicious. My favorite is the fish (cod) and chips. You get at least 3 good sized pieces along with delicious steak cut french fries and coleslaw. My friend ordered clam linguine and there were so many clams in it we lost count. She loved her meal. Plus it's right on the water and who doesn't like looking at that while eating! I'll go there again when I'm back in town!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We went to Jack's Seafood for Happy hour on Saturday. The beer was reduced to $3 and house wine was also at a reduced price.Their special happy hour menus has several small plates at special price.. We ordered several orders of Prawns(3 per order), pan fried Pacific oysters (3 per order).

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Seafood by the sea. Should be a winning combination but was disappointing.

Okay it was busy because of a free concert outside right next to the place, but they knew that and should have had extra staff on duty.

We managed to get a table outside so could listen to the band playing covers. They were good. There is a free concert each Thursday evening 6-8 in summer.

To begin we shared a plate of calamari. It was cold and the tube sections were overcooked. The tentacles were fine. Nice aioli.

For mains we had fish tacos which​ were deemed okay. I had prawns and Chips. At least these were warm - but not hot. The batter was wet and clumpy although the prawns were not overcooked.

Service was very slow but the staff were friendly. There simply weren't enough of them.