“Way better than expected”
Review of Cafe Lafayette

Cafe Lafayette
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lafayette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Exeter
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Ate there for lunch with a group of colleagues while in town on business. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised at how charming the courtyard was. While it was too hot to sit outside that day, the AC worked great inside. I didn't expect much from a French restaurant in Exeter, but everything was perfect - the service was friendly, professional and attentive, the menu was diverse enough and reasonably priced, and the food was great! There were 7 of us, and we all enjoyed the experience overall. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We have been travelling Northern California for 3 weeks and stayed at Exeter CA for a visit to Sequoia. We had dinner last night at Cafe Lafayette. My wife is an exceptional cook (yes, truly) and we both enjoy our dining experiences.
Cafe Lafayette was excellent from the warm welcome, to the exceptional service and the fantastic food - mushroom soup, pork tenderloins (- the mustard cream sauce is to die for), finished with profiteroles. The server was particularly knowledgeable re the wines. Our summary, the best meal we have had for months.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times and it's quite nice. The courtyard (weather prevailing) is a nice spot to sit. The staff, if a little inexperienced, are nice too and the light lunches I've had have been nicely presented and tasty. I look forward to returning for Sunday brunch during the limited (brunch) opening times.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Just had the brunch at Cafe Lafayette in Exeter served Saturday and Sunday from 10:00-2:30. I had the Brioche with sausage gravy. An eclectic mix of flavors. The homemade Brioche was fantastic. My wife had the Quiche Lorraine.
Highly recommend this restaurant. Make a reservation on busy nights.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Our first trip in the almost 2 years it's been open- had heard a lot of good things about them. First off, Exeter is a charming little town in the San Joaquin valley. Between Bakersfield & Fresno (outside of visalia) just east of Sequoia National Park. A quaint little town worth a visit. Kind of a throw back to the 60s- small town charm. Murals painted on the sides of lots of the buildings. Nicely decorated (formerly Mama's Italian restaurant) we ordered crab cakes, sliders and the Lafayette burger, and they were all really good. 3 cocktails & tip =$72. Only one server today, but he was great- we were in no rush anyways. Defiantly will come back again. I'd like to try dinner next time. I've heard they have fabulous desserts.