“quick dinner”

Russian River Pub
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Forestville
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We were looking for a light but quick dinner after way too much food over the last few days. Someone suggested this Pub would be just right. Were they ever wrong. We had a couple of burgers which were huge and very good. Very good service and a good selection of beers but if you are looking for a light meal go somewhere else.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

We stopped here on a recent visit to the area. We'd been driving and seeing the redwoods nearby and thought it would be a good stop, based on TA reviews. The dining area was almost empty around 1 pm, but we figured it was early in the week. We noticed that it had been featured on Guy Fieri's DDD (no indication which category he put this in, though I might guess it was the third D). The bartender was serving the tables since it was pretty slow. We had soup, a small salad and pulled pork with waffle fries. The servings were pretty big, and the pulled pork was tender and flavorful. No, it's not much to look at, but the food is good and it's a comfortable place. I'd call it a neighborhood place where locals come to hang out, but the neighborhood stretches over miles and nobody lives within walking distance.
I'd go back if I had the chance, but there are other places to try along the Russian River.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

This looked like a little pub from the outside, but boy did the food live up to the reviews! Great food, pulled pork made in house, clam chowder, prime rib sandwich, and tri tip sandwiches. Really good, and everyone was very friendly. Great after wine tasting and seeing the scenery!

Reviewed 16 September 2014

For several years I drove right past this place on my way to the Sonoma Coast. Finally, my son recommended it after he tried it based on the Drive-Ins, Diners, and Dives list. From the road it does look a little like a Dive, but, oh, the food is terrific! The pulled pork sandwich calls my name; the vegetarian sandwich is one of the best ever. And, you can get a Damnation beer that simply calls to you every time you drive down that road! Stop there. You won't be sorry. And by the way, the servers are the nicest people in town!

Reviewed 13 September 2014

We went to this place because it was on the Drive-In, Diner, Dive list. The food was just ok, but enjoyed sitting outside on their nice patio.