“Reasonable Mexican Food”

El Torito
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Foster City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Four of us went for lunch on a Monday afternoon. We arrived about 1 PM and it was not very busy so we were seated promptly and our orders were taken. We all ordered various forms of enchiladas. All were OK but not wonderful. I was disappointed with my sizzling enchilada with beef - it did not seem to have very much beef in it. I also concluded that I am not a fan of frijoles de la olla as they resemble baked beans in water. El Torito is a large chain that has been around for a long time so they must be doing some things right. I would return, but order something other than the enchiladas. I ordered a second beer which I eventually received, but by then I was finished my food. Oh well, I was still thirsty and the Dos Equis was good.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We stopped by El Toriito for a late lunch. Most of the business crowd had eaten and were leaving or had already departed. Parking was not an issue. We ordered drinks. I had to have a Mondella Negra. My wife chose her usual white wine. The drinks arrived accompanied by the standard nachos and salsa. For our lunch I chose the a burrito while my wife had flautas, pretty standard fare but all well cooked, tasty and enough to satisfy our Tex-Mex cravings.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We there a few months back and had a bad experience so I went there again last week. Service didn't improve so stay away.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

It was a over and hour from time got there till we left. It took about 5-8 minutes for someone to come to greet us to be seated. Then took another 15 minutes to get a waiter to greet us for drinks. Food another 30 or more minutes. No ones was rude just felt invisible to the workers. Food at least was good.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

9 times out of 10 the service is just so slow or possibly, non-existent. The bar is always a struggle...I often contemplate hopping behind the bar and mixing my own Margarita out of sheer desperation. This is an average chain, with average food, at best. If you find your self craving Mexican food while in the San Mateo Area there are just so many other, better choices. I would say, "Take your taste buds and patience elsewhere".