This post is an update to my previous post about the Crowne Plaza. I had misplaced some sentimental items and am happy that I found them in my belongings despite my own negligence of not using the safe.
April 2015 stay: We had a spacious, clean, comfortable room with an in-room safe, and refrigerator. It was very quiet but the building also has a dedicated quiet floor. We used the gym located in the sky bridge between both buildings, very nicely equipped and spacious. The hotel has an open and inviting lobby and pool area. The Easter Sunday brunch is spectacular (looks good, we didn't partake).
July 2015 stay: We liked the Crowne Plaza so much we came back for a one night stay and took advantage of their park and fly package. Absolutely excellent experience. The breakfast buffet was delicious even though we only had 15 minutes to eat, definitely will want to spend more time to enjoy breakfast next time. The hotel shuttle took us to SFO and we were able to leave our car in their parking lot safely during our vacation. I've been telling my friends and neighbors about our wonderful stays at Crowne Plaza, thank you for being such a gem in San Mateo/Foster City!
The hotel is within walking distance of Bridgepoint Mall. There's a Target and some family friendly restaurants: BJ's Brewery, Red Robin, Mimi's Cafe, Armadillo Willy. The hotel location is central in the Bay Area, right off the freeway and about 30 minutes from San Francisco, San Jose, the Pacific Ocean, and the East Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Foster City-San Mateo is the leading event destination with16,000 square feet of meeting space on the San Francisco Peninsula. Designed with a sky-lit atrium and innovative services for business and vacation, our Foster City hotel features contemporary-styled rooms and suites with luxury bedding, refrigerators, 37'' HDTVs and our Sleep Advantage Program. Enjoy lifestyle conveniences like our business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and free shuttle to SFO. Savor California and Asian cuisine at our relaxing restaurants, including Café Florian and Toyko Village, and enjoy cocktails and nightlife at Clubhouse Bistro and the Chit Chat Lounge. Just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport, we are minutes of Silicon Valley businesses and Bay Area attractions, golf courses, shopping centers and scenic coastal trails. We're less than 30 minutes from San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Union Square and AT& T Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula