“a hidden delight”
Review of TAI WU Restaurant

TAI WU Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Foster City
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

this small restaurant is in a strip mall in foster city. it is small snd no frills with some of the best chinesefood around. food comes piping hot and fast. clientele is almost all local Chinese. efoo wonton, gong do pork chops, sweet and sour fish and tomato beef chow mein, roast duck jook are outstanding. come here often and have never had a bad dish.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This may be my favorite chinese restaurant in the country. This is because they cook the dishes I like and they cook them great. The clientele are almost always all chinese and others who are in the know. Most dishes are served family style for sharing but there are individual 'plates' as well. They have an amazingly large menu with seafood (fish, lobster, crab, clams, carb, shrimp etc), chicken, pork, duck and beef. All dishes are 'authentic' like you'd get in China. If you are not used to real Chinese food, the combinations will be quite different but you are getting the real thing. Go with a group so that you can order different things and share.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This place is always full and the old adage about observing who actually patronizes an ethnic restaurant is supposed to be a clue about its quality. So I always see a mostly Asian American clientele there. However, neither the food nor the prices have ever thrilled me. I suspect Chinese food, like pizza, is one of those cuisines for which your taste is founded on what you liked growing up. This isn't my particular style, and I feel that there are other Chinese restaurants all over the area that fit my taste profile better. That said, the service is OK and there is nothing wrong with the food, it's just average. It could well be that this fits a particular Chinese regional style and that I'm just not into that specific palate.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Ordered in for 5 people last Friday night. Good service, ready in 15 minutes. We ordered 6 different things all very good except the Black pepper beef, way too much pepper. Very good dinner, tasty.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

When my wife & I want to go out and get some Chinese food, we always go to Tai Wu. Located in the Marlin Cove Shopping Center in Foster City, this is truly a very good restaurant with really good prices. Portion sizes are quite large.

Some of our favorite dishes are Black Pepper Beef Chow Fun, Dry; Mongolian Beef, Salt & Pepper Shrimp, House Special Chow Mein, Hong Kong Style; Fired Chicken wings. We haven't had a dish we didn't like, everything seems to be really good.

The service is always exceptional, very friendly and efficient.

Give this place a try and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.