“The Ever Best tasted Beef Kabob”

De Afghanan Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 516 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had herd so many good things about the food from my kids when ever they come to Bay Area, I was waiting of my turn that one day I would like to try this food and when I did, oh man oh man , I fell in love with every single thing they make. Super duper nice owner and lovely staff, I wish I can own one of this restaurant or I wish I can come here at eat every day. Thank you so much for the great hospitality!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Small, intimate (go early), cozy feel, and the food was absolutely delicious. I kept seeing people walk out with pizza boxes - turns out that was yummy warm potato leek bolani (which I now order all the time to take as an appetizers to parties). We also ordered lamb leg topped with cooked spinach - so tender and delicious. Give it a try please. This Afghan cuisine is now one of my favorites (and I used to only have a preference for simple Chinese, Mexican, Italian, American).

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Today was my second visit to this small but delicious restaurant. I had the lamb shank with rice and also tasted the lamb and beef kabob. All were delicious. The lamb shank was tender and moist and served with very flavorful rice covered with raisins and slivers of carrot.. Both kababs were cooked exactly as ordered. The quality of the kabab meet was very good and better than most kabab houses.
This is a very simple restaurant with well prepared dishes.
Service was fine but could have been more welcoming.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I had the Lamb Kabob with the fantastic rice with shaved carrots and raisins. I started going there when they first opened, it was quiet and just a few customers, but now the word is out about the outstanding food, now the place is packed, word has gotten out about the outstanding food. There is no alcohol served here, but, if you bring a bottle of wine they will open it for you and bring you wine glasses., I have never been charged for this service? This is a small ethnic restaurant that is locally owned. Several times I have seen entire family's there for dinner.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The chaplee kabob and Qabili Pallow were delicious. I wanted to try the bolani, and our server recommended the butternut squash bolani. It was okay, but I probably wouldn't order it again. Service can be a little slow when it's busy.

Been to De Afghanan Restaurant? Share your experiences!