See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

No point in a long review - this is THE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed at, by a country mile!!
Grubby rooms, terrible decor, STINK of smoke (in non-smoking rooms..)
Hookers and vagrants everywhere, pimps and punters right outside your door ...rubbish strewn street scene...
Very tired so stayed (after checking fur bed bugs...) but slept with one eye open and left early and would NEVER go back (rather sleep in the car!!!)
Eurghh ...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HenryandMarilyn
Reviewed 24 May 2017

When I went to Fresno recently I chose the Welcome Inn mainly because of the low price. I had read a few reviews and thought I could live with it O.K. The building seems to have been there for many years and is needing some repairs. The first night I had to ask the office staff to come fix the bolt lock on my door because it would not lock. A repairman came fairly quickly and fixed it. Later I discovered that the telephone did not work and reported it. Someone came down to look at it, but could not fix it. The room was reminiscent of a Motel 6. The carpet seemed very old and the bathtub was stained. There was no stopper and the office said that they did not have any. . There was someone who stood talking very loudly outside my door that first evening. There is also a major highway nearby, so there was quite a bit of road noise. I had arrived a day or two early and planned a day of sightseeing in the Sequoia National Forest so I stayed another night. Then I went to a resort for a few days and returned to the hotel the night before leaving on my flight. I specifically requested a different room with a working phone because I wanted a wake up call the next morning. The lady in the office said she would leave a note. The wake up call did not come. Thank goodness I was up early anyway. I had also checked on the ice machine earlier and it was out of order. The office workers seemed a bit more friendly the second time around.

Room Tip: The second floor seemed to be a little quieter than the lower floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ruthsstewart
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I stayed one night after a long day of exploring Fresno, CA. I got there around dinner time. The staff (an Indian family) was eating. When they saw me through the window, someone came right away and assisted my registration. I was asked for I.D. signed the usual paperwork and was on my way. The room was a single, non-smoking space with a large, clean bed. The television was the older kind, but the picture was good. I did not find a remote. Still, the tube was close to the bed, so no problem. The room was clean, fresh smelling, and very neat. there is a Jacuzzi outside. Nice place right off of highway 99 in Fresno, CA. I look forward to my next visit there.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge or microwave, make sure to request it ahead of time.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Easily the worst hotel I've ever stayed at - and we are budget travelers. The area was very questionable, all kinds of people hanging outside, and garbage cans on premises full of beer cans. Inside of room just as bad, if not worse, dirty sheets, the inside of the door is gray from smoke or something, smells stuffy/smoky, almost everything in the room is tagged (mirror, tv, even the mattress), no chain/safety lock on door, lumpy pillows and stained sheets. Feels like a huge risk to be staying here, in many ways. It pains me to write this because we always laugh at reviews like this but this is 100% accurate.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Serena B
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

DIRTY, NASTY HOTEL! Roaches en bugs under and in the bed! We payed $ 40, went to the room saw how grose and stinky the room was. We saw 3 other rooms and it was worse!!! We asked for our money back. No refunds, he said! Thieves!!! Plus there were homeless people on the parking lot! DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL! We lost our $40 and went to another hotel...
Choose another one, people, there are so much better, cleaner, safer hotels for less money!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple