Hyatt Regency Orange County
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)
  • Restaurant
3,758 results
All reviewsnorth towerkids suiteoc brewhousetennis courtsfire pitorange countyacross the streetbunk bedsself parkingkids eat freeguest servicesper dayalways on timedisney shuttlehotel is beautifulking suiteevery half hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located perfect for everything near Disney. 20 minutes walk to get to Disney, shops across the road (Target) 20 walk to the outlet mall.

The hotel has a great pool area, which has a fire pit at night which is perfect for relaxing and meeting up with friends.
Tennis and basketball court. Gym is good too, not big but has everything you need.

Rooms are okay. Coffee machine but no fridge. Quite rooms.

Breakfast is really good, lots to choose from. All was very tasty and only $27 for full buffet.

Can’t fault the hotel, would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank ShirleyWilko
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel has not always been a Hyatt regency so there is no lounge for world of Hyatt people.

Our room was spacious with an odd balcony that does Not open which faces the indoor atrium. There was certainly wear and tear on the furniture but it was all very clean.

The elevators were the biggest issue. One of them was down and supposedly there were two working but with the teenage dance completion happening that weekend, my elevator would stop at every floor, after 10 people boarded on mine alone. It was not quick and there were some angry guests.

Service was fine. Checkin wasn’t the quickest but not the longest either.

It’s a great location and on the same block as target. It’s at least 20 to park your car for the day, so just park across the street at the restaurant.

Probably wouldn’t stay again. I think there’s other options.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mainereason
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We arrived here after an 11 hour flight and 1 hour transfer from LAX to find the place was extremely busy due to a dance school show. We checked in with the friendly reception staff eventually and made our way to our room. This took quite some time with our tired children (6&4) as the elevators were undergoing maintenance work which caused delays and this was worse with the amount of people around. The family room is nice with a seperate room for the children and it has plenty of space for them to sit and play. Bed is comfortable and the room is modern. House keeping were attentive. We used the daily shuttle to Disneyland for 3 days and it was prompt and easy to use. The hotel was quiet after day 2 when the dance school left and it became much more pleasant to sit in the large lobby and the kids got to enjoy watching Disney films while they ate. Would recommend this hotel and particularly the family room for DisneyLand trips as it's far enough away for a quiet sleep but close enough (10 mins by transfer) to make going back and forth easy. Staff were generally friendly but without making too much effort particularly around the bar area.The buffet breakfast is good but pricey if you aren't eating a lot. We shopped around a few websites to get a good deal and for the price we paid for the 5 days we were happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank An0nymou5
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt for a dance competition. It is a very clean hotel. With the chaos of the convention the staffing was not sufficient to adequately and efficiently serve all of the guests in the hotel. Front desk staff was great.

For food: The bar area always took at least 30-45 minutes to have a server help you and they only came because we asked them to help us. Then it took another 30-45 minutes to receive our food. At least 20 minutes to get our drinks in addition to that. We felt like none of this would have moved along as “quickly” as it did if we hadn’t said anything.

The Starbucks was also overwhelmed because service there also took a long time.

The elevator was terribly slow. They were in the middle of an “elevator modernization project” so one of the three elevators in the north tower was out of service and the other two were pretty much in sync. They would all stop at EACH floor a few seconds a part even if no one was there. In the north tower there were 10 floors and we were on the 10th floor. It took FOREVER to wait for the elevator and then to actually use it. We had to allot at least 15 extra minutes each way.

We ate at the OCB Bar the entire weekend due to convenience and pricing. The food was good but not excellent and was definitely over priced but what hotel food isn’t overpriced? An example was one adult meal with one strawberry daiquiri (cheap rum option) and 3 kid meals ended up being about $80. I had a Cesar and artichoke salad which I didn’t care for because it was all the stems and barely any leaf portions. The artichokes tasted as though it came out of a can. I didn’t finish it. The chicken wings, which I ended up sharing, were good. The kids had Mac and cheese, a cheeseburger and ravioli for their meals. So not much there for what we had to pay.

There is a target about a block away and I was able to purchase some inexpensive snacks and breakfast foods for the family for less than the price of one meal at the hotel.

The hotel also had a restaurant but the buffets were $22/adult and $12/kid. I believe the buffet had pizza and pasta.

We reserved a Kid Suite at the hotel. It was a decent space but still a little tight. The room had bunk beds in a separate room. The bottom bunk was a full or queen size bed and the top was a twin. There was one bathroom. There was also a mini fridge and microwave available which was convenient.

If you want a room you can walk into that does not go straight into a bed, the VIP Suite would probably be better. My friends got this and it was two separate bedrooms with a living room in the center. It was extremely spacious. It also had two bathrooms. It offered a mini fridge and microwave as well. I believe the sofa could also be pulled out to make a bed but I’m not sure.

The pool in the north tower was strangely located. My husband said it would’ve been just as convenient if it were across the street.

One of my friends said that you can purchase a s’mores kit from the hotel to use at the fire pit in the south tower (?). This might be fun for the family to do but I’m not sure how much that would be. Maybe go to Target it buy supplies there.

Be safe and aware/alert at all times. My friend went out to the parking lot with her 9 year old daughter. They were followed by two men (they were walking the opposite during and then abruptly turned around got got extremely close to her). She found a vehicle nearby with a lot of people and went up to it as if she knew them. The two men turned around and left. The parking lot was well lit by decent lighting but something could have happened to her. Security was informed.

Finally, self parking rates were ridiculously high at $28 per night/$35 per night for valet.

Bottom line: would we return? I’m not so sure. We stayed at the hotel for the convenience since the competition was there but I’m not sure I’d come back here for leisure.

Nearby hotels: embassy suites, residence inn, Marriott. These seemed to all be within walking distance from this hotel. There were also other restaurants nearby (walking distance) but they were all packed with at least a 45 minute wait. I recommend calling ahead to pick up the order or ordering online if you have kids and don’t mind eating in your room or in the lobby lounge area.

1  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I recently attended a large convention at the Anaheim convention center and stayed at the Hyatt Regency orange county. The convention provided shuttle buses for the 10 minute commute. I was only there a couple days but I’m sure I could have made the walk nearly as fast, especially when traffic got heavy. The hotel was great. I had a 10th floor room facing the atrium, which was quiet and had subdued light. I took advantage of meeting some people in the hotel lobby and used the casual restaurant and bar as a great meeting place.