“Food was good”

Tokyo Love Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 477 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We headed here because we could walk to it from our hotel. The food was good but lacked that certain pizazz that we have at home. We had the yellowtail collar, sushi and tempura. The tempura was wonderful. The collar was good but there were some spices that we are used to that were not there. The sushi was good, not great. The service was phenomenal . Unfortunately we had a family with a small child show up.... puts a damper on everything....

Reviewed 29 March 2017

If you are looking for a fancy sushi restaurant, this is not the place. It is a cute locally owned restaurant in a strip mall run by a Japanese couple. Food is authentic and very reasonably priced. The Miso soup was yummy and all of the rolls were great. Highly recommend for a low key, high-quality meal. Especially if you appreciate non-chain restaurants.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We have eaten at Tokyo Love around 5 times over 3 years, we live around Seattle but visit the area occasionally. When we walked in Joe and his wife recognized us and welcomed us and asked us about the trip down, we had a great conversation. Very friendly owners that make you feel welcome. The sushi has always been great, my kids always ask that we go there when we are in the area. I highly recommend. If you get time, chat with Joe when he is making your sushi, a great guy to get to know.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I always go here when I'm craving traditional Japanese. I lived in Japan for three years and this the closest I've gotten to real Japanese food.

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

I came here with a group of Japanese people who were in search of a taste of home. It didn't quite meet with their expectations in terms of a real taste of home as the menu is - not surprisingly - made with American customers in mind, not Japanese. For me it was just fine - I had the salmon with teriyaki sauce together with rice, miso soup and California rolls. My Japanese colleagues thought it was weird to have rice and California rolls - like rice with rice. Price was reasonable and was Japanese style decor.